Sign in to follow this  
Guest lawyerpilot

1st Solo Flight made today!

I made my solo flight today aboard a Warrior II N9118S at Mansfield, Massachusetts Airport! Myself with my son and my instructor took off from Norwood airport and headed to Mansfield. I did 2 rehearsal landings and then my CFI Signed off my Student Pilot Certificate! there was only one little problem, his pen ran out of ink! Luckily my son had a pen with him! Phew! I did 3 take offs and landings. The traffic pattern at this uncontrolled airport was a beehive of activity today, as it was a perfect day for flying!There was 3 ahead of me to take off so that gave me some time to review what was ahead of me in my mind. I announce on unicom that it was my 1st solo and I got lots of best wishes from pilots all over!After I made my 1st landing, a pilot that was going to take off behind me says, "N9118S, I have been flying for 15 years, and I still can't land that good!" Well that made me feel great as it was a perfect "greaser!" I made 2 more of those greasers and after a few snapshopts and my CFI presented me with some really nice wings to pin on my chest,we were off to Norwood again in the sunset! Wow! what a day! I dont know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. It was very exciting!!Mike NeonesN9118SFavorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Excellent...............and a good choice of aircraft for your solo too!!L.Adamson -- preferred the Pipers

Guest Moghdad

Congratulations. It's a real rush! I did my first solo this past September on a beautiful late summer afternoon at Waukegan, IL and just passed my private checkride on January 7. Press on, man! Your ultimate goal is within reach.

Guest byoung

I love the Warrior! Don't get that ground effect like in the Cessna aircraft. Plus I like the cockpit view of low wing. I found them easier to land than the Cessna aircraft as well. Plus I like the cockpit layout better. Much better throttle console.I like the levers better..Great Job.. I had to give up real flying as I got married.. So FS 2K2 at least keeps me in touch.Barry

Guest tcable

I might have seen you from 495 on my way to North Attleboro :)Congratulations, I f you ever fly to Taunton, let me know. I live next to the school in the notams :)Tim

>Great Job.. I had to give up real flying as I got married.. >So FS 2K2 at least keeps me in touch. >>Barry Was the trade-off worth it? :)Actually, I should ask this question in a few years time!! :)Barry

Congratulations! Will this be a lifelong memory for you? Well, I soloed 34 years ago, and I still remember every moment. There's lots of hard work ahead, but enjoy your well earned accomplishment.Dale

Guest lawyerpilot

There's great flying up here. Just moved up here about 1.5 years ago and you get the ocean to the East and South, and the mountains to the North. When it's time, go for your long-cross country with an instructor to Laconia, NH. KLCI. It's awesome! You come in over Lake Winipasaukee, and land right off the shoreline on a 5000 ft strip. Plus, there are mountains all around. Lots of CLass B's and C's to practice communication on the way. You'll love it! Controllers are pretty friendly too! Then try some flights down to the Vineyard. Easy as pie, and there is a cheap but very clean and modern restaurant on the field. Can eat like a King for 6 bucks. Great pancakes...You have opened up a whole new world to yourself. Enjoy and always remember not to take anything for granted, mainly checklists and safety. Even in 200 hours of flying, I have seen three fatal twin accidents, one in a Baron, killing three generations of a family, simply because he didn't sump his fuel before departing on an early morning flight. There was a little bit of water in the fuel. Not meant to scare you, just never skip any steps, regardless of how trivial they may seem. Engine failures only account for 1% of GA accidents. And, always scan the skies. Flight following is only a slight help. Even when training for the instrument, gotta keep the eyes outside the cockpit when in VFR.Enjoy Eutopia!ChristopherP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -195 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."