Sign in to follow this  

Experience with Project AI

Hello everyone, I am looking for some advice on adding traffic to my empty skies.... I know project AI makes AI traffic but exactly how does their installation work? What do I have to download in order to install the traffic files (planes, textures??, or is all that included in the "auto" install for the applicable airline?) And if you have used project AI's traffic files, do they work? Any advice on how to add the traffic to the sky? Thanks again for the help! (PS. I already have some "self-written" flight plans for AI that I added using traffic tools, if I take the plunge will I loose my flights?) Thanks again!!Cpudan80 :) :+

They have 2 installers, You should get both as some of the older packages don't work with the new one yet. Its a simple step, its all automatic, just click on the file and it asks you where fs2002 is and how you want to install on a few of the packages. There are also some unofficial kits on their site as well, these require ttools, and its pretty much just cut and paste the new info into the old txt files, then use the compiler to put it in the game. I have all the official downloads, and it is amazing. Just beware, if your traffic settings are at 100% you may be sitting on the taxiways for a while at some of the bigger airports.

Thanks for the quick reply, I downloaded a United package and I can see all the plans in the AI flightplans file but I don't see any United planes.... Ill have to try another and see how it goes (my traffic is set to 100%, I can see other traffic but no united....)Cpudan80 :) :+

Their are many ways to get real life traffic into FS2002. I use PAI aircraft and repaints from PAI, and then use this program: http://www.molitor-home.de/fs/aitm/index.htmlOnly one of many solutions..... I prefer this route, because I not only use PAI's official repaints, but all the unofficial repaints giving me about 1000 AI aircraft.....

I figured out what I did wrong... Now I see lots of planes!!! I am going to download the whole load of them! (I have monday off, I will be enjoying sitting in plane traffic!!)Cpudan80 :) :+

hi, Glad you sorted the problems out. Make sure you get a utility called Ai traffic mover and learn it.... Its a life saver! :-). I too got into this whole PAI traffic thing a couple months ago. I would also remove the default commercial traffic but leave the GA traffic (General Aviation) . Removing the default commercial traffic will get rid of all those fake airlines like Soar, landmark, etc. Bye Andrew

I just changed the liveries of the defaults when FS first came out! ;-)Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

When you're done installing them all, be sure to check the aircraft.cfg files for each PAI aircraft. I found that the aircraft numbering in some was incorrect (causing aircraft not to show up or appear in the wrong livery).

Also, make sure you add AFCAD files to airports, it makes a big difference on how many planes you see. FS2002's default airports have very few parking spots.-------------Michaelholding short...