Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

How do i increase rudder sensivity?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,need your help in increasing rudder sensivity: FS2k2? FSUIPC?I often use rudder while taxiing and i'm a bit in difficult with awesome Murchison's BAe146.Anyone?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Guest cwright

Luigi, Look in the aircraft.cfg file and you'll find a flight_tuning section. There will probably be a line setting the rudder effectiveness. If not, you can add a line: rudder_effectiveness=1.0 By varying the value you can adjust the effectiveness. Also, reducing the elevator_effectiveness value can give a much smoother pitch control. Best regards, Chris

histart FS2002press ALTgoto OPTIONSthen to SENSITIVITIESclick on advancedADJUST TOP TWO SLIDERS TO MAXadjust NUll zone to minimumthats how mine is setup best wishes steve

While taxiing, for tight turns, do you use differential braking? The F11 & F12 keys. I still run rudder sensitivity at default with rudder pedals. Seems TOO sensitive if I use twist grips or rocker switches for rudder.L.Adamson

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks for precious suggestions!cheersLuigi ;-)

To complete all this, could somebody provide a summary of his fs2002.cfg file with the rudder settings?I use the USB Pro Pedals from CH Products.LOCKED=1 AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET AXIS_SCALE_00=-69 AXIS_NULL_00=86 AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET AXIS_SCALE_01=-69 AXIS_NULL_01=86 AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_RUDDER_SET AXIS_SCALE_02=127 AXIS_NULL_02=1 However, I find that most aircrafts (also jet) tend to drift to the left on the runway and taxiways. Gyrodrift is disabled in the settings.Maybe somebody knows more?