Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Project AI Files Etc..

Guest byoung

Enhancing the Amount of Traffic?I installed the Project AI files etc a few months back when we were testingRC. I noticed that I don't have too much traffic when I arrive at KMDW.How do I increase the traffic? I think the PAI files I have may havelimited schedules. Is there any other files I can download that wouldincrease the traffic? It has been awhile since I tinkered with PAI ingeneral..Thanks!Barry

i guess i have the same questions, as barry does. i went to your link, and downloaded a zip file. it has the flightplans for, say qantas.then i'm supposed to use ttools to compile the flightplan into traffic.bgl, right?where do i get the planes to match the flight plans?

Guest byoung

Hey jd,Same question here...Barry

Guest WorkingStiff

I would first increase the size of the gates; If the gates are too small you wouldn't see any traffic.Grab AI Traffic Mover by Thomas Molitor and compare the scheduled aircraft against the size of the gates. I'm guessing you have many Southwest flights using 737s arriving/departing Midway (KMDW) but the gates are set up for general aviation aircraft.Alternatively, you can use AFCAD to examine the gate size too but you wouldn't be able to compare the gates against the scheduled flights.

Guest groundpounder75

This is the not so "fun" part of adding AI flight plans. I only use Aardvark planes and FS Painter planes for AI. You can search for either of them here at avsim.com under the file library. You can also check out their websites:www.fspainter.projectai.comwww.ai-aardvark.comThese planes are frame rate friendly. I also use Project AI planes for the ones I can't find here at avsim.Another file you will want is from www.projectai.com. Under "Unofficial Downloads", click on "Utilities" and look for the program AIRPORT-TXT.zip. This will make compiling flight plans a lot easier.When you download the flight plans, say Qantas, open up the text file and check out the planes that the plans use. Try to find those planes at the above mentioned places and add them to you aircraft.txt file and add the plans to the flightplans.txt file and you are all set. Compile them using Ttools and you will have ai planes all over the place.As also mentioned, check out AFCAD files for the airports you want to see more traffic at. As long as you update your AFCAD files you will be set. You can use AITM to change the radius size of the planes to make certain planes show up at certain gates but that can get to be to much work for FS2002, in my opinion. Be careful too when using AITM because it isn't fully compatible with the latest Ttools and it may mislead you. For example, if you add comments to you aircraft.txt file, say like the following,AC#2,340,FS Painter 747-400 Cathay Pacific //Comment would be hereAITM will tell you that this plane wasn't found when you load your flight plans into AITM. So if you go to look at a schedule for a certain airport, it will tell you the plane is missing when it really isn't. I ran into this problem a few days ago, but realized that AITM doesn't like the comments in the aircraft.txt file. Hope this helps.

i guess this is why mytraffic may be the solution.i guess the bottom line for me, i want more airplanes in the air and on the ground. i'm testing a new version of rc, and i can't wait forever for a plane to land, or a plane to taxi to the hold short line.on the other hand, it's time consuming to go here to get the flightplans, go here for this utility, go here for planes. and then you might have to download this to make more gates at the airport, and learn this utility to do that.don't get me wrong, this project ai is wonderful stuff, and the people who do it are very talented and expertise above mine.i guess i'm looking for something that is "point and double click". i guess that is mytraffic.

Guest groundpounder75

Yeah, because adding AI can be very time consuming. My Traffic would probably be best bet if you don't want to spend time on AI.

thanks.two more questions. from a traffic standpoint, is mytraffic a subset of project ai, or is project ai a subset of mytraffic?should i uninstall all my project ai traffic before i install mytraffic?

Guest groundpounder75

I am not too familiar with MY Traffic but you try to have both going and see what kind of traffic you get. I don't know if mytraffic will overwrite you traffic.bgl file. I have a feeling it would. Combining the two, pai and mytraffic, might get tricky.

Personally I have enjoyed the whole experience af learning to add the AI and know how it all works, been a little frustrating at times, but now, especially with AITM it is a peice of cake. i use PAI, FSP and AARDVARK and don't notice that much of a FPS hit between them all. It's a given the more AI you have, the more it affects the FPS From what I have gathered from the forums, seems MYTRAFFIC has a traffic BGL, planes, and afacds that just replaces the original with, thus making their traffic, your traffic. I read that it adds quite a bit of aircraft, but they park wherever they want and doesn't support overlays or radius gates. Again, this is just from what have read here and at other sites, you can always spend the time tweaking the gates if it is important to ya.In the end it depends on the user, lots of AI or organized AI, LOLRegards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW