Sign in to follow this  

Ah, the joy of simple simming !!

I am currently over Rio Bay in the default Cessna at 3500' and having a ball. I am using FSMeteo and FSNavigator. No other add-ons. It's just like real life out there. And this is a lot of fun and it works--and it's SIMPLE!Amidst the never-ending excitement and madness of dozens of new add-ons and downloading with endless configuring and performance headaches, it's great (and important, I think) to remember that simming should be fun. I do love my fleet of add-on everything, but it is great to get up and just FLY with no hassle and no adjustments to anything.I need to do this more often. Thought I'd share this with others.Cheers!JS

I run a "saved flight", with a modified default 172 air.file and add-on mesh scenery for Sedona, Arizona. It's a simple flight doing touch and goes to this rather unique, "aircraft carrier look" runway. But with the view in the virtual cockpit pulled slightly back; it's amazing how this simulation can capture the look & "feel" of real flight! FPS are running in the upper 30's & 40's. Very fluid and as seemingly real as it gets!!L.Adamson

Looks good !I just found an unbelievable runway in the world if you want to try the wildest touch and go's ever. It's in Greenland and it's called UPERNAVIK. I will leave it to you to surprise yourself but it's gotta be the maddest airfield ever. Try it in the Cessna and see!JS

Amen!I like to fly the big iron a lot. It seems I spend as much time flight planning and getting ready for the flight as I do flying.Sometimes you can't beat firing up flight sim, jumping into the old Cessna and taking a hop VFR just for the fun of it!. My home base is Muskegon MI. I can be in Milwaukee, Chicago, Traverse City, Detroit, Lansing, South Bend, Macinack Island in no time (and never leave my house)!What a great hobby!Check Six !!!!!Rick

Hey, JSI agree wholeheartedly. It is too easy to get carried away with add-ons sometimes. With all the add-ons available one has to restrict oneself at times - even with a broadband connection. How many planes do you really need in your hangar? Why bog down your system and sacrificie cpu cycles (and framerates) to "enhancements" running in the background for their own sake. It is a personal matter which add-ons, scenery or planes one chooses to enhance one's flightsim experience, and hats of to all of the wonderful people out there contributing to this great hobby - in the end, what brings the whole experience to life is a little imagination and appreciation for the marvelous marriage between technology and art which is MSFS2002 (and flying in General).Anyway, got my Beechcraft King Air parked and fuelled up at Williams Lake, BC ready for a nice VFR flight over Holger Sandmann's BC Mesh scenery to Port Hardy.Good Tailwinds,Daniel Muehlebach, Chilliwack, BC Canada

I'm a big fan of the Sedona scenery as well. I love your description of the approach. It's quite fun in a light jet or even in the 421C....An oft overlooked tidbit--Orlando's Sedona mesh also includes Meteor Crater.... 2k2 Nirvana equals sunset, one of Lago's ultralights, and a cruise over Meteor Crater :)