Sign in to follow this  

AN2 STT START

Enjoy life, and just have fun !Hello All Flightsimmers !Can somebedy tell me how to start the engine with the excellent planne AN2STT by Anton "Xomer" Nikolaev.I tried, using the starting sequence found in the document directory, but no matter, it does not work !So, if someone know how to....Lot of thanks, Nico:-lol

Guest Lizardo

It should be in the read-me ok. The point you might have missed is that you throw one switch left then immediately right, and hold it until it starts.

Fuel -OnMagnetos - OnStarter - OnElectrics - OnClick left side of button to right of magnetos until whining sound stabilises, then click to the right side of the same switchYou will need the manual to learn where the appropriate buttons for each of those commands are, unless you understand Cyrillic.ChasW

Nico: I have tried installing this plane twice but am having no luck getting the panel to show up in 2d. Can you help me out on what I am doing wrong. Everything else seems to work fine.Chuck

I'm having that problem, too, and figured out that I've got to load the load manager (Load An-2) and flip the switches at the top of the panel on the left to light the indicators. Then I load the regular An-2 and the panel shows up just fine. Is this normal? The load manager is a strange beast indeed, and without the benefit of reading Russian, I'm afraid it's a bit of a mystery to me. Otherwise, this is a very interesting aircraft, and I'm having great fun flying it. It's just a pain to get going.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

>but am having >no luck getting the panel to show up in 2d. start you flight in 2d panel , not VC or exteranal viewregardsEricson

Enjoy life, and just have fun !Right, no problem, it work like you say !!! thank you very much for your answer.nice fly to you, thanks againNicolas

Guest PhilM

Well I get no Virtual Cockpit. I get the VC view but no cockpit.I get a strange looking panel that looks like it's supposed torepresent a 2D panel.Is "that" the panel?. I think/hope yas all know what I'm talking about.Is this plane meant for FS2002 Standard version?.

Hi,able to figure out this with the help of feedback:Each time you load the normal an-2 model you should use the loader first. And anyway, if the model is loaded with any view other than 2D panel view - you'll get some strange results.Personally I always start with loader panel in 2D before choosing the normal model - this also allows to avoid CTDs when changing aircraft and/or reloading situation.Hope, this helps...

Hi Xomer,I understand that the loader writes a cfg file that's used to set the weights and balance for the An-2. Does it write this information out to the aircraft.cfg file? Just curious. This is a fascinating aircraft to fly, by the way. And I LOVE the sounds!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Well, thank you for the positive feedback, first all. And as far as I know loader writes data to config based on predefined configuration for either pax or cargo version. Also if you check aircraft.cfg there would be a section like this:[An2_gauges]cyl_delta=0.0oil_delta=0.0cyl_eff=1.0oil_eff=1.0cyl_time=2.0oil_time=1.5overheating=1alt_dop=1It is used for engine params, which are transfered to the main model from loader. You can't change delta (it is reset each time to default values). But other params are to be used for tweaking. I'll send explanation a bit later with an update.Once again, I want to thank Stepan Gritsevsky the author of the panel and flight dynamics for sharing this great piece of "simulation" art with us.