Sign in to follow this  

PA model and PSS panel,sounds but still use the PSS fli

hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use the PSS panel and sounds along with the project airbus model? However, I would still like to use the PSS flight dynamics. Over at the project airbus website it explains how you can merge the too but using their flight dynamics. The reason I want to merge the two is because with the default PSS A320 model and VC I get constant "your system has run out of available memory flight simulator will now exit" memory errors under Windows ME. thanks, Andrew

Why don't you use the PA airfiles, they're more realistic?Anyway, it takes a lot of editing. first make a backup of the PA A320 airfile and aircraft.cfg. Then take the aircraft.cfg and airfile from the PSS plane and place it in the PA A320 folder overwriting. Then your going to need to copy the contact points from the PA aircraft.cfg into the PSS aircraft.cfg, All the fltsim's, the VC veiwpoint, all the exits and folding wing and tailhook stuff, lights, maybe flaps, effects. Its really complicated.But you can give it a shot.

Yes, the PSS panel and sounds, and flight model can be merged to the Project airbus model.But before you do that, try removing the virtual cockpit gauges in the PSS airbus. I have a feeling that will fix your problem.More details here: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/16719.htmlAlso once the virtual cockpit gauges are removed, why not remove the entire Virtual cockpit and replace with 2D realistic side views..More details about that here: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/16706.html

The PSS airfile is excellent. I don't think the PA one is better (they probably both have strengths and weaknesses, but I trust Johan Dees to do an excellent job).