Sign in to follow this  

Who is going to spend $65.00 on Meridan Bundle?

Guest KenG

I plan on buying the Meridian. Hopefully, the simulated version will have a more robust useful load than the real version (even after Piper upped it).As has been said, a fair price is a relative thing. What's justified to one person is not to another.So why do I believe that prices are increasing on some of the add-ons we're seeing? Because flight simmers want more and more. IMHO, it is also one of the primary reasons for why we are seeing more freeware authors go to payware. You need to justify the time and expense put into these products. What would have been considered ground-breaking 2 years ago doesn't even raise the eyebrow of most folks today. To get the moniker "ground-breaking" assigned to a product, it is going to take a LOT of work and innovation.The Meridian and its avionics is supposed to be groundbreaking. I say "supposed" because I don't know if they will deliver. I'll wait for the reviews, both official and by end-users. But based on my experience with other Flight1 and RealityXP products, I'm laying my money (literally) on them being able to deliver all that they promise.I think the price, if the product ends up as it has been described, will be worth it. But that's just me.

I'll own a lot of payware, but I'll don't care how good this one is...The price is to high that I'm going to spent on a package for 60 Euros no way...Hmmm... going to wait for DF 310 :-)Andr

André

>Today I have to blow $450 on new injectors for my (for those >who know) 12sec 1G DSM. >>>BobP Mmmm DSM.. 2G here though ;)

>Systems. The price for their device is $34.95 US, Ok, I admit slight error. Big deal. It is still $34 just for the device and the one that do not even interface fully with plane's autopilot. I am not saying it is a bad buy but I rather have a 'complete' unit. My opinion only.Michael J.

Guest flightpro08

>3) You get what you pay for. Not necessarily. From a personal standpoint, there is nothing any group could do/add to a GA aircraft that would warrent me paying $30 for the aircraft. For an airliner, I might consider it, but still would have to do some careful researching.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

JWenting I'm reading carefully but I'll responded at the topic here discussed for the bundled version ;-)Andr

André

>Ok, I admit slight error. Big deal. That's OK, because with the error factor you put in there the full Meridian package would have to cost $92.30 (do the sums), but I don't really think it was a mistake was it Michal? Anyone who can read between the lines here and at Simforums can sense you hold some sort of antipathy for the FSGarmin. I also am looking forward to buying the Meridian/Reality XP package, but there's no need to adopt a negative attitude to other 'vedors'.This is also just 'my' opinion...Fermin - fsadventures.net][/b

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I pre-ordered the plane without documentation. I will get the download version myself. I do think its a bit high price, but I want to support them. They have great customer service and they are also great people too. I have purchased some FS addons that I regreat purchasing because their customer support is poor and also their product is poor. I am sure impressed with the great detail those indivudlas are putting into addons today. The bar as certainly been raised. I wonder what the future will bring? Charles

Hi Fellow DSM'er!I should have properly stated $450 for 660's for my 1G DSM :)BobP:)

>Michal? Anyone who can read between the lines here and at >Simforums can sense you hold some sort of antipathy for the >FSGarmin.Antipathy ? Really. Your sensitivity level is either very low or you spend too much time reading "between the lines". *:-*Michael J.

Guest Milio_B

"So why do I believe that prices are increasing on some of the add-ons we're seeing? Because flight simmers want more and more. IMHO, it is also one of the primary reasons for why we are seeing more freeware authors go to payware. You need to justify the time and expense put into these products."That's not true.I feel it varies on the kind of person you are. I really do feel that the recognition and the satisfaction IS rewarding enough.BUT there are other people that feel they need more than recogniton and satisfaction, they feel they need to be paid, they need money. It all depens on what kind of person you are.Some developpers are more interested in money, and as much as they say "we work for the community, we are all about the community" they also work for themselves, because they want the money. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying it's not the amount of work you spend in somehting, it's the way you want to be rewarded.Some say they spent a whole year in the process. No one can tell if that's true, and no one should, as I don't think that's an excuse for wanting to charge for a product...If someone worked a week on a plane and released it as a payware product, it's enough reason to say that "I feel I need to be rewarded with money". Needless to say the product will not sell very well, but that's another story...Hope you get my point.

Guest KenG

Milio,I feel your concept of flight sim addon economics is a bit skewed.However, your ability to read the minds of developers is astounding. Have you thought of charging for your services? ;-)

>Because flight simmers want more >and more. This is definitely true. People demand features that once were reserved only for the best add-ons. And such excellent freeware works as Grabowski's ERJ-145 only reinforce this notion that excellence is possibly even at no-cost. So expectations go up. Like with any other type of product - cars or bikes included.Michael J.

"BUT there are other people that feel they need more than recogniton and satisfaction, they feel they need to be paid, they need money. It all depens on what kind of person you are.Some say they spent a whole year in the process. No one can tell if that's true, and no one should, as I don't think that's an excuse for wanting to charge for a product".There are also some of these folks out there that are struggling financially and have families to support.I am happily in a stage of life that I could afford to contribute my several thousand hours of time freely for the Beech Debonair ,and all I designed was the panel. It did take 2 years and thousands of hours in my case. I could never justify taking this amount of time ever again from my family and more important matters-this was a one shot deal for me.As for teams of indivduals seeking compensation for this huge time commitment-I think you would find that the profits divided by the time put in would give an hourly rate that still makes these payware contributions a labour of love.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg