Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Should I get more RDRAM for FS2002?

My PC has 512 MB RDRAM and is a P4 2.53Ghz. I observe in the Windows XP Task Manager the following:Total RAM available: 523276KAvailable: 340788KSystem Cache: 312880The above data surprises me. Look how much RAM is already in use before even opening FS2002 and this is with the PC standing still at the desktop. It seems to use a lot of RAM doing nothing at all.Other data:Commit Charge: 150650KLimit: 1280416KPeak: 439452Kernel Memory Total: 48230Paged: 27724Nonpaged: 20524Is it worth getting another stick of 256RDRAM?Appreciate advice, thanks!JS

Guest Bill Kunert

I have 768meg on a XP system. After a fresh boot I show561 meg free. I use a program called end it all to close unnecessary programs. After using end it all I show 592 meg free. If you'd like to try end it all I can e mail it to you. It frees up an additional 31 meg for me plus the program runs better without stuff running in the back ground.RegardsBill

JS - Other than eliminating a stutter or two due to swapfile hits, it won't make any difference at all. XP manages things pretty well and swaps out what processes you don't need if more memory is required by FS2002. I've run the system here on both 512 and 1024 and have seen absolutely no noticeable difference in performance.DougP4/2.2 @ 2.508Ghz512MB 40ns Samsung64MB Ti4200

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Bill:What version of Enditall do you run on XP? I have so many processes running in the background by default that I am not sure what to shut down and what to protect with such a program on XP.Thanks for your post!JS