Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Help CH Pro Pedals USB!!

I have windows XP Professional and my rudder pedals have been working fine for about a year now. But for some reason they are not working when they are connected for a while. They become inactive after about 20 or so minutes. Sometimes less. Even though in the game controller dialog box they say they are OK. But these is no motion in the calibration screen. The only way to get them to work is to un plug them and then re-plug them in and they are fine (at least for a little while). I tried the CH control manager but when I use it to make a map, my devices are gone from the device screen (Like they were removed).. The only thing I have been doing differently is using widevieww. But I ruled that out when the pedals went inactive even when FS was not running. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Im sure you have all ready done this.. but sometimes the simple things work.. If you have UBS try, try moving to another port. Maybe a connection problem........

I have tried that and still problems. Thanks.

I had the same problem (since I installed the rudder pedals); when you touched the rudder (or brake) every (about) 10 minutes, they stayed alive; when you didn't: you could expect a deviation to one side; only unplugging and plugging the USB connection helped.I tried every proposed remedy, but nothing helped,until......I put a separate USB controllermodule in my PC:......... problems are gone forever since!!!!AMD Athlon 1800+512 MbATI 9700PROCH USB yoke + rudder (connected to separate USB controllermodule) Regards,wvannes

I like the 3rd post.... I've had my UBS rudders about a year with no problems. Went inside them to see how they were made. Put some special lub for plastic on the tracks.. It does have a circuit board and although I don't know that much about electronics, I think if something on the board gets too hot they will shut down and after cooling will work again.. Just a thought....I have XP also. Do these things have drivers??? Maybe its time to e-mail HP????? FOX

Make that e-mail CH.....Oh MY... Check before posting....*:-*

Guest RonB49

When I first got XP the same thing happened to me. I corrected it by downloading and installing CH Control Manager. I don't use the Conrol Manager for an FS2002 session but it did load new drivers when I installed it. R-