Sign in to follow this  

SceneryUSA (Aerosoft) TEXTURES

Tim: Did you notice the two fuel storage tanks to the right of the Expressway heading north? Assuming that I'm not geographically challanged in identifying the location of these objects, was one of them not removed from the landscape five-to-ten years ago and the remaining one restored with the original artwork as a landmark??It kinda' attracted my attention as I was trying to determine the currency of their source data. I'm not 'into' scenery design but I was just curious; nitpicking may be the more definitive term!-GeorgeM at 5B6P.S. The image I referred to is the first Daytime Screen Shot on their web site, www.sceneryUSA.com

Guest tcable

Yep- they still show both of the Dorchester tanks. That area has changed some with the Big Dig dirt used in Quincy(or is that Dorchester?) to make the parks on the flats. Beleive me I do not miss the commute up I-93 every day. The Skyline has changed a bit with 2 new skyscrapers that are nearing external completion- one next to the Pru, and one in the Financial district. I've got to hike Blue Hill with the camera sometime...The basic scenery is also missing the Deer Island treatment plant- you can fish in the harbor again.I'll bet that you see your share of F-15's there too, being so close to Otis/Cape Cod CGAS.Tim At KTAN- where I've seen an F-15 do a touch 'n go!

I think the storage tanks are part of Microsoft's original scenery package... if you look at the other pictures from downtown boston, you'll notice that some of the skyscrapers and buildings are in the wrong locations as it relates to the expressway. I had the same thing happen to me when I was using TerraScene-style scenery in MSFS... the default buildings were not in sync with the ground scenery. And I must say - I trust the ground scenery to be more accurate than the buildings placement!Still waiting for some more detailed info from Aerosoft Austrailia... especially if my home area around KPVD/Providence, RI will be included in a package!!!-Greg

Guest tcable

I live in Taunton now, and grew up in Warwick :) less than a mile from the airport.Tim

I've been a fan of of landclass for a while now... No, it is not perfect... but I've seen this view of O'Hare in real life, and the similarities are actually quite stunning. I don't really have many blurries, as you can see...Regards,Phil Geddes

I'm a Cranston native living down in Potowomut - DIRECTLY under the approach to Quonset rwy 16, about a mile and a half out. God bless the airshow season... the sky comes alive...especially when you are washing your car about 1,200 feet below a C-5 on it's final approach. Dear lord that thing is crazy. Here's to hoping that SceneryUSA has some larger than expected borders for it's regional areas... OR takes requests!! :) -Greg Germ