Hello everyone and happy new yeari am new to painting liveries, and my first attempt has left me confused, i am trying to create a livery for the PMDG 737-700 in Astraeus colours and after creating a reasonable replica using Adobe photoshop, when coverting the images using DXTBmp, the image appears on the aircarft blurry on the main fuselage. could anybody help me improve the image qualitlycheersstevehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138370.jpg

In DXTBmp, on the right of the program there should be a tick box saying "Include when saving".. deselect it.

Not sure what format you're saving it as but try 32bit. Even though DXT3 shouldn't make it that bad, its always worth just to see what it does. It only happens with this particular scheme?

sorry to say, but no ill affect,the only major thing i have noticed is that when i load each file into DXTBmp for corverting, the quality on display is poor aswell, and image size is miniscual

hi therecreating the items in adobe photoshop, i save them as a jpeg file, then load them in BXTBmp and resave them as DXT3

You need to save the texture file as a bmp straight from your program, then load it into DXTBmp as a bmp and covert it to a bmp useable by flight sim.

I had the same problem until I did what is described below.I think that saving them to TARGA and then loading them into DTXBmp and saving them as a DTX3.This worked for me anyway.Below is a copy of a Post that helped me out.that's easy. Paint the full_left and the full_right (don't forget to mirror any writings on the right side ). Then save these, merge all the layers in the full_left and copy it into the clipboard. I would recommend to close the full_left.psd WITHOUT saving it. Now open the pmdg_700_fuse_t.tga (I never use the pmdg_700_fuse_t..psd) and paste the full_left from the clipboard into the two upper quarters of the pmdg_700_fuse_t.tga. The second quarter should start at an offset of -911. Repeat this with the full_right pasting it into the lower two quarters of the pmdg_700_fuse_t.tga. Save the TGA and convert it with DXTBMP (saving it without mips!).