Sign in to follow this  
Considero2

How to save "32 bit with alpha" in PSP

Hi there,I am doing my first steps in the world of repainting. I read some tutorials and repainted a PSS A320. The PSS paintkit instruction tells me to save the new image as "32 bit with alpha".But how do I do that? When I want to save I don't see a way to select this 32 bit with alpha option. I see the "Windows or OS/2 bitmap but that will only save in 24bit bitmaps.Help would be very much appreciated.Regards,Arjen

To minimise confusion I advise doing it a different way.Save the paint scheme bmp from the program as a standard 32bit bmp file. Not sure what program you're using but should be fairly straight forward.Save the alpha channel as a seperate bmp file, name it anything you want (usually the file name plus "_a") The alpha channel should be the grey scale bmp.Use the program DXTBmp (google it if you haven't got it or check out my tutorials site) and open the paint scheme up in it. Make sure display alpha channel is selected under "Prefs".On the right of the program should be the alpha channel controls, import the alpha channel you saved.Make sure the "include when saved" box is not checked and go to file save as, save it as either a 32bit or DXT3 and replace the original paint scheme bmp with this one.You should be good to go :)Only the program ImageTool can use bmps imbedded with an alpha channel.. if you'd still like to go down that route then I'd be more than happy to help out.Using the

Hi Morgan,Thanks for your reply. I am a step closer now. I have DXTBMP installed. Can you confirm that I should use File/Save Extended Bitmap save as "DXT3 with Alpha" for DXT3 bitmaps and File/Save Extended Bitmap save as "Extended 32 bit 888-8" for 32bit bitmaps?Regards,Arjen