Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Blurred Text on my Citation IISP repaint. Help!

Think this is the best place to post this pic and ask for some advice?As you can see my text appears blurred on this repaint of the Eaglesoft Citation IISP. When FS2004 loads it appears really blurred and pixalated then occasionally becomes sharper. Doesn't happen with any of the other repaints..I repainted the PSD file in Photoshop and saved as a 32bit BMP @ 1024 x 1024.Anyone help?ThanksAdamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146199.jpg

Assuming that you converted it through either ImageTool or DXTBmp, did you remember to remove the mip maps?

OK opened BMP in DXTBmp. unticked "include when saving" (mipmaps) and saved both the fuselage and wing BMPs as "Extended 32 bit 888-8" BMP files. When I open the aircraft in FS2004 can see logo + text but the aircraft reflection is OTT (and text is still quite pixilated)Any ideas?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146213.jpg

You'll need to add a new alpha channel to it to tone down the reflection.Could you show a close up of the text, it could be possible that the texture mapping is just small.. have you compared it to other CII paint schemes?

OK not done an "alpha channel" before will try and follow your web instructions! Does this channel go above the rest of the graphics or below?Text on my model is larger than other repaints. I dont see why it should be so pixalated though (see pic below).Thanks again for your helpADamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146236.jpg

Had you already converted it to DXT3 and then to 32bit? I just had a look at the paint kit and the pieces mapped to the fuselage look quite small in comparison to others. I have a feeling theres nothing you can do here :(An alpha channel is an invisible layer that theoretically goes over the top of the paint scheme. It tells flight sim the level of reflectivity to create.Glad you found my website.. feel free to ask for help. I'm always lurking about :)