Sign in to follow this  
Guest lawyerpilot

Where can I manually enter a value for LOD in RivaTuner

Guest lawyerpilot

With a newer invidia drivers and a Ti4600 card, I can only use NVHardpage and Riva Tuner to adjust graphics settings, other than the 4600 control panel. Is there any program that will allow me to set a -.8 to -.11 LOD level? The riva and hardpage only let you set to high and low detail settings, but the best that they can do is a 0.0 or 1.0. The best on my system is closer to -.1 Any ideas? Or how can I manually set that somewhere?ChristopherP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASELAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

This should do the trick for you - go here and download Riva Tunerhttp://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/I use it and it does the job, and what I gather from most of the people in this fine forum that it is also what the majority use.Enjoy...

Sorry, I think I mis-understood your message with my first response. To manually enter the LOD in Riva Tuner go to the Main tab and look for the third tab down that say's "Detonator XP Detected" Click on the angled arrow and choose the DirectX Logo (the green X in the blue circle) Mipmapping will be the first tab displayed just use the arrow under "Mipmap LOD bias adjustment" to change your LOD. Also put an arrow in the box that says "Enable user mipmaps"Thar ya go...

Guest lawyerpilot

P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -190 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

I thought negative LOD values in RivaTuner may only be entered successfully after using the patch fix script and reinstalling the drivers?Chas

Guest lawyerpilot

That may be. I just redownloaded the latest from Invidia's site for XP. And the most recent Riva from 3dguru. The values seem to stick. Probably the best graphics I have ever seen. Crisp, and using the post from a day or two ago, where "Smoochy" supposedly solved the blurries (just do a search under blurries in title), I put a 9.9 in both the extended terrain textures field in 2k2 .cfg file and the one right below it or above it I think. Either way, it works like a charm. Clear crisp, and far in the distance. Just the way we like it.Thanks for the help.ChristopherP.S. frame rates with everything maxed and quincux anti-aliasing.......20-24 everywhere and fluid...