Sign in to follow this  
erict

A Good 737

Guest Van

I purchased the Ariane 737-300/400 panel quite some time ago. I used it once and uninstalled it. The panel is very cartoonish looking and it is a killer on frame rates. I was also disappointed at all the dummy switches and some switches were just bmp pics and nothing more. The last issue was poor readability, especially of all the indicator lights on the panel.I would save your money and use the DF panel if you have it. There are many DF/Ariane merges available, including two i did for the 733 and 734 that are in the avsim file library.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

simple...orginal question "...and a 737 panel payware"and your response "...Forget the DreamFleet product"my statements still stand, Dreamfleet offers the best 737 panel / plane package available, period.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

You're arguing half the debate. I have yet to attack the DF panel... sure, it's a framerate killer, and few airlines use that type of panel, but it is still within reasonable limits of accuracy. The plane, however, is crap. I can't excuse the mistake they made when a quick glance at Airliner.Net would have solved everything. So my statements still stand, Dreamfleet offers the least accurate 737 model available, period.Adam D. StangerWest Coast Airhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/westcoastair

Guest Van

Nope...I was referring to the newest version. I downloaded the update when it was released. In my opinion it still leaves very much to be desired.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

you may be very correct on the plane portion of this freindly debate, however I still state that the 'plane and panel PACKAGE' is superior to anything currently available. As a 'whole' package would you not agree?You seem very knowledgable on the airframe represented here, I would not doubt your statements about it.

the key to my statement was the first letter...'I'your comment would be right on the money if I said'You should...'thanks for responding, appreciated :-)

Please don't have a fight, this is ONLY MY OPPINION:The DreamFleet 737-400 is IN MY OPPINION the best package available for this kind of plane. The panel is extremely good and it has a wonderfull FMC included. It handles nicely and will give you many hours of good pleasure.Like stings on a rose, this plane also has its downside, being the fact that the model is quite old and thus making it impossible to see the landing lights from inside the cockpit.I'm also a person that always flies from the inside and this fact unables me to fly with it at night. This is my main complaint about it, I even expressed it quite a few times on their forum and I think they should have taken action on it a long time ago, or at least give us an alternative, like for example publishing a successful merge with the default 737 (where the only thing that will change is the model, since with Ariane the AIR file also changes makiing it a bit troublesome regarding the way the FMC is programmed).Other than that I should say that DF's 737 is IN MY OPPINION a product worth buying and that's maybe why the DF team is taking so long to solve that problem. They know they have the only GOOD product thus not having to worry about competitors stealing their costumers.Just MY OPPINION please.Paulo

Hey folks,In my opinion using the merge method by Peter McLeland to merge the DF panel with the Ariane model produces a pretty unbeatable 737 package.

Guest rbbarker

My two cents...I fly the DF737 exclusively and recommend it. There are better aircraft models out there, but the DF737 was not created in GMax. It was created for FS2000. You must acknowledge this fact before comparing it to Ariane or anyone else. I only look at the external visuals, however, maybe 5% of the time. The rest of the time I am staring at and interacting with the panels and I must say, bar none, the DF737 panel is awesome. That isn't even mentioning the FMC, which can still do way more than I can even comprehend. If you want the most realisitic commercial aviation simulation experience possible on the PC, use the DF737. If you want to fly around and enjoy the outside visuals, perhaps look elsewhere (or wait for the 737NG from DF). No secrets here, I'm a DF737 guy. If you want to learn more about the aircraft from just another sim pilot with no connection to DF, then check out my site below. Cheers!Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind Airlineshttp://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/DFexperience.jpghttp://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.htmlMy DF737 Around the World Adventure: http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/aroundtheworld.html

DF's FMC does NOT work like a correctly modeled FMC should. This takes away from the total aircraft IMO. The bird I am looking forward to is PMDG's 737NG, it will kindly put DF's 737 to rest PERIOD!Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"

Well, IMHO, based on all the packages that are available NOW, DreamFleet is the best 737 period. Of course, in the future that may change. I tried the Ariane/DF merge, took one flight then got rid of it. Like a few other people here, I only look at the outside model when doing a replay of my landing. All other times, I'm in the cockpit. (Except when taxiing around an airport at night, in which case the model doesn't really matter that much anyway).As for the Dreamfleet FMC......its not as good as the 767PIC's FMC however, again, it is the BEST FMC available right NOW for a 737 package. This may change in the future, hopefully. But since the original poster is looking to purchase a 737 package NOW (at least that's what I gather) then go Dreamfleet for the BEST PANEL/FMC package. Merge with Ariane if your thing is visual models. If you can only afford one, then Ariane for a good visual model. But if the panel is more important then definitely go with DreamFleet which AT THE MOMENT remains the BEST.Lagaz.

Okay, the DF 737 model isn't so accurate, but it is an older model originally for FS2000, it wasn't bad for the day.The Ariane 737 visual models are excellent. For me, 737 bliss comes from the Ariane 737 model, DF737 cockpit and Eric Cantu sounds.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest abent

John, Please, what merge are you using? Did you have to make any changes to the airfile? I'm awaiting my Ariane GMAX 737-300 to merge with DF. I personally don't mind DF's external textures, but I'm having horrible and incurable rolling back and forth with DF's LNAV engaged. This is part of the reason I want to try the merge. I never use VNAV, so that will not be a problem. I've heard however that that can be a problem with the merge.Thanks, Adam