Sign in to follow this  
erict

A Good 737

Well...In my humble opinion the panel alone is worth the money. Regarding the outside look of the a/c I really don't care cause it's darn difficult to see the outside from the flightdeck! :( And the DF panel can be used with almost any freeware aircraft. That's how I use it now. The aircraft is a framrate killer not so the panel. PIII/800MHz, 384Mb RAM, gF3 Ti200 runs with adequate FPS. And this discussion is really about two different things. Accurate looks and operational accuracy. I for one will chose operational accuracy before looks.Just my

Guest TAROM

You can find Peter's merge here. It uses DF air flies. It also provides you lights inside the cockpit.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/8180.htmlFor me DF737 panel is the best panel that I have ever seen in FS. Period. Foto-real appearance, readable gauges, almost everything working. Some things should be fixed (the most obvious: gauges light should be red, push buttons on the MCP should have 2 little green led-s and not light up like they do).The visual does not look good now, but it was very good when it was made. If you care for the visual model, get the Ariane 737, use Peter's merge and you will have an EXCELLENT B 737.

LOL... Good comeback...If we're discussing over pronouns, BTW, you should also include qualifiers, since you made the statement "all" aircraft are flown from the inside. Doesn't the "all" exclude simmers who fly by replay, or relax in the pax seat sipping a rum & coke?:-beerchug

Guest abent

TAROM, Can you elaborate on the cockpit lighting thing? Do the normal DF light switches not work with the Ariane model. I'm trying to gain as much insight into this before I go ahead with the merge.Thanks, Adam

Boeing has not changed the 737-400 since DF came out with their laughable version. Fact is, it has always been a joke of a model, since day one. And if you don't believe me, look at a real 737. You'll be laughing too.Adam D. StangerWest Coast Airhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/westcoastair

>Boeing has not changed the 737-400 since DF came out with >their laughable version. Fact is, it has always been a joke >of a model, since day one. And if you don't believe me, >look at a real 737. You'll be laughing too. >I AM laughing....................at YOU! Bragging about an un-released product that may or may not live up to all your hype...L.Adamson

CRVM,good point about the PMGD NG version (forgot about that one). They, along with DF have a history of excellent product and support. It will truly be interesting as these two powerhouses go head to head on the exact same aircraft.exciting times.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>>Or from past experience, may not be released at all.... >Very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-lol But if it does get released.........rest assured, I'm going to count every exterior rivit---- for accuracy of the model!! :)L.Adamson

No need to get nasty, guys. I am not in any way nitpicking DF here. Nothing I have said is the least bit unreasonable. Little mistakes I can handle, but when they go and release something that doesn't even LOOK like a 737, I can't let that slide. Sorry if I am being harsh, but they deserve it. They messed up.And I don't know what you guys have against Erick. All I can say is wait and see. Then if you want to go waste your money, be my guest. And to attack him where he can't even defend himself seems a touch childish. If you have something to say to him, say it to his face.Adam D. StangerWest Coast Airhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/westcoastair

Adam,A friendly warning ---- business practiceDon't "chop" the competition until you actually have the competing product. It's VERY BAD business, and won't help you or Eric, since YOU brought his name up. As of now, all you have is hype! L.Adamson

Guest Milio_B

Didn't Eric already release a 737-400?It wa sa sort of remake of the default model, that used the textures, and IMHO it looked great.To me the main problem about the DF product is that the plane was a FPS killer.Other thatn that, from the inside, it works just great!

>I would save your money and use the DF panel if you have it. >There are many DF/Ariane merges available, including two i >did for the 733 and 734 that are in the avsim file library. Van,I have the merges and they are difficult to follow. I did everything as described and it still does not work. At the risk of exposing my ignorance, would you be so kind and offer a STEP-BY-STEP guide on how to add the DF panel to the ARIANE model?Also, I can not get the REVERSE THRUSTERS, MAIN DOOR, or AIR STAIRS to work. I do get the message across the top of the screen say "EXIT OPEN" and "EXIT CLOSED", but nothing is actually happening on the model. What's up with that?Thank you so very much for all you efforts to make our simulated world a better place to fly!>>Regards, >>Van Latendresse >YeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Guest TAROM

Hi Adam,Sorry I was not clear. What I meant to say is that using the merge you can see the landing lights from the cockpit (this does not happen with the "original" DF737).Also you have to know that:1. The ailerons, spoilerons and airstairs will not visibly function in spot view.2. The Wing and Seat views on the bottom row of the view selector have been disabled.Regards.