Sign in to follow this  
erict

A Good 737

I second that. The Dreamfleet panel is easily one of the best and worth the price of admission. The Ariane panel is nice, but features the old analog cockpit without autothrottle and isn't nearly as complex as the Dreamfleet panel which includes an FMC. The Ariane visual model, by comparison is by far the best 737 I have seen for FS. The Ariane-Dreamfleet merge works without any problems for me. Some keyboards have problems with the Shift-E function for opening dorrs, but you can reassign that in the menu and you shouldn't have any problems. The DF visual model may be old, but it was terrible even when it came out. It for some reason has a fully modeled interior which eats frames by the dozen without returning any exterior detail or accuracy in exchange. I would put the Ariane/DF combination in the same category as the PA/PSS A320 and the POSKY/PIC 767 combinations qualitywise. Misha

Guest abent

Misha_k, Which merge are you using? What's involved in the merge process?Thanks, Adam

Guest abent

Thanks TAROM, As soon as I can get my Ariane, I'm gonna try the merge. I'm having d/l'ing problems at present.Adam

Can someone confirm that the Ariane Southwest version does not have a working airstair, door of reverse thrusters? Nothing I do can get them to work! I do see the message scroll across the top of the screen saying "Exit Open" Exit Closed", but nothing is happening!

>No need to get nasty, guysWeren't you the one who said this:>Boeing has not changed the 737-400 since DF came out with >their laughable version. Fact is, it has always been a jokeAnd you're telling others to not get nasty? Tisk tisk...You end up sounding like an immature child trying to promote his friends after school project. Think before you speak.I also agree the Dreamfleet 737 is the best "complete package" out at this point.

i do have the the Ariane SWA with the DF merge and i have no problem to open the airstair.the feature was implemented with th AFL 734 GMAX and i cannot see any reason why it would not open unless, of course, you bought the SWA FSDS model and not the GMAX ;)do you have reassigned the "open doors" to another key than "shift-e" eg. "D", if not do it.BTW. IMHO the Ariane Visual Model coupled with the DF panel is fantastic and i hardly can't wait to get the Ariane 738 coming out on February 21st.cheersMartin "Hollywood"

Hi,Where can I find Erick's sound? I want to given them a try to see is they are indeed better than the sounds that came in de Dreamfleet package. I also use the Ariane-Dreamfleet combi (fix by Peter McLeland), so I can fully enjoy the realism of the dreamfleet panel and the eyecandy of the Ariane (and much better fps).Gerald

The one thing that really annoyed me about the dreamfleet 737.Why did they do the -400 instead of the -300?? It defies logic.I bought it but I really would have prefered the -300. =P

Eric Thornton