Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Recording video of FS2002

Hi All!I'm looking for a convient way to record videos of my flying so I may share my adventures with my non-sim friends.The Flight Video stuff in FS2002 doesn't seem very useful, even if I could convert it. .25 second per frame is not enough!!!Maybe there's a video capture and record device that might do it?I'm looking for the result to be in a common format, like MPEG of ASF.Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,I experimented with recording FS videos some time ago. I needed a FS-cockpit video of about 5 min for a business presentation.First I tried realtime capturing (using several software products) to record in a resolution of 1024*768. There is no way to do this, I had frates of about 1/s. Both FS and the capturing software need both a lot of CPU capacity, not to mention an extremely fast disk.To make a long story short:Unless you invest in professional (capturing) hardware, try to record on your VHS recorder. My graphics card (GF4 Ti4600) has an Super VHS output which I connected (via a TV) to my video recorder. The maximum resolution is about 700 * 500 but you don't have any worries about frame rates.Alternatively you still can use capturing software, but than you have to record in a low resolution (320 * 240) So it depeends on the amount of detail you would like to show.Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11