Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

I'll buy the F1-Meridian for $25...but when?

One more attempt to get Jim to tell us when the new Meridian will become available. I was planning on re-installing everything and setting it up just for the Meridian but I don't want to do it too soon and end up messing it up by the time the Meridian is released. So, what do you think Jim? Is it too soon to start re-installing? Will I have to wait a week or more? Just wondering. :-waveAnd I will pay extra for the manual if this bird flies as good as she looks.Peace.

Why on earth would you want to re-install, Wacko? Just interested ... surely a reboot would do the trick!? Personally, I've never had to reinstall yet (touch wood) and have no intention of reinstalling 3,000 aircraft and 600 or 700 sceneries unless I really have to!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg

Whoa Mark! You've got some collection there. I usually have only one or two good add-on A/C and the bare necessity utilities like FSMeteo or ActiveSky, RC3, et al. I wanted to get a fresh start for the new Meridian but after viewing your post I don't think I'll bother. Have you noticed any slowdown from the default install? What type of system are you running? I know FS doesn't load it all at one time but friggin' jehosaphat.Regards,

Hi again WackoMy rig is standard off-the-shelf stuff - a Compaq 1.8GHZ jobbie - I quickly learnt that the ones who strive for every extra FPS by tweaking, peaking and seeking are the ones who spend most of their time rebuilding their hardware because it does horrible things to them at the end of it all. I prefer flying.MSFS will load more slowly with a heavily laden AIRCRAFT folder, which is most noticeable when changing between aircraft; but it's not that bothersome. In any case, I keep the stuff I fly regularly in the AIRCRAFT folder and have another folder, FS2002 HANGAR, for stuff I fly less often; which, of course, I have to move over manually when I want to use it. Scenery is only loaded as required, so that's no hassle; gauges also, so even though I have some 22,000 of the little devils, I see no slowdown.You'll be alright, mate, as they say 'down under'. Worry not about reinstalling; just get up in the blue yonder with the Piper when she's ready!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg

Guest gasebah

Mark,you are a nut. Do you ever have the time to fly at all?C ya,Alex :-)