Hello everyone. I'd like to announce a new painting project of mine.ProjectPanAm.jpgProject Pan Am is my objective to paint the entire known Pan Am 747 fleet, every registration number, and every Clipper title and livery they served Pan Am under. I've figured it will encompass upwards of 120+ variants (as many of Pan Am's 747 flew under several names and a few versions of the livery throughout their careers). All textures will be painted on POSKY's 747V4. The aircraft will be released in packages according to aircraft registration. In each package, all variants of said registered 747 will be included. The first package will be N739PA and will include at the moment 3 variants, "Clipper Morning Light," "Clipper Maid of the Seas," and "Clipper Maid of the Seas" Reserve Civil Air Fleet w/SCD. So, without further ado, the first few previews:PAA-14.jpgPAA-15.jpgPAA-16.jpgPAA-17.jpgI do need some help in research of the livery and name histories of the fleet, so if you have any details, I'd like to read them.Thank you.

Hi Ron,Excuse me for saying , but what`s the use of doing them all?I mean, you`ll end up with a huge amount of identical planes on wich only the registration , name and some other minor details will make the difference in case of using the same base texture.In fact many different layouts were used during a long period and different window-configurations make things complicated.The Clipper Morning Light and the Clipper Maid of the Seas had two different texture-lay-outs.I would like to advise you to make as many versions as you like but keep in mind the repaints will be more impressive by good quality as by their quantity.Just a few hints concerning the repaint shown above:Text Boeing 747 on the rear fuselage might be missing on both sides(depending of wich period the repaints represents , the Clipper Morning Light had them).The blue line enclosing the windows might be a little to wide (depending of wich period the repaints represents, in case of the Clipper Morning Light the line was narrow , later the Clipper Maid of the Seas had a wider blue line)and should start with an edge slightly leaning backwards at the radar dome.The white on the fuse is bending down to steeply at the nose.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0344158/L/Make quality your goal and not the quantity.I like your idea of making the complete set but that wil be a huge task trying to make them accurate.Kind regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I know of the several livery formats, and I intend to keep the quality of the aircraft. That's why this project will take several months, if not longer to complete. A lot of it is painting a livery format, then adjusting the Clipper titles and registration, then making whatever detail changes need to be made. The only thing that may not be entirely accurate is dirt masking, I will only be able to create a few to cover the entire fleet.I'm doing it because I have a great passion for the Pan Am 747 fleet. Of course, because resources are limited, every single livery and name combo won't be able to be created. Another thing that happened are planes that shared the same names, in which case, I will choose just one to paint. I may get exhausted as the project progresses and may decide to reduce the number of aircraft I'm painting, or paint some initially, go paint something else, then start another batch of PA 747s. But ultimately, I'd like each name, each registration number, and each livery format to be represented at least once. More the more historical aircraft, they may get more variations, i.e. N739PA and N736PA. N739PA was involved in the worst mid-air bombing in history, and N736PA was the first 747 to make a commercial service and was later involved in the single-deadliest day in aviation history. My initial goals aren't set in stone, but they are more or less a guideline of what I'd like to do, or get close to doing.

Hi Ron,Thanks for your quick response to my post.Now I have a better idea of what your intentions are and I have great confidence in the final result.As said before I will be a huge task doing the entire fleet.I think a thing like this has never been performed before.The past five years I did some painting myself and I am aware of its complexetyI wish you lots of succes and admire your project.Cheers :-beerchug Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

I'm sorry it has been over a week since the last update, but I do have some new previews:PAA-18.jpgPAA-19.jpgPAA-20.jpgPAA-21.jpgPAA-22.jpgPAA-23.jpgSince the last update, I have slanted the blue line at the front (it still needs a little more modification though), I have lightened the metal, and have added new windows and door/cargo door details.I still have to add the starboard-side baggage doors and some other minor details, dirt masks, a detailed alpha channel, and wing and engine textures.Once all of this is complete, I will begin work on the earlier N739PA "Clipper Morning Light" and a non-SCD "Clipper Maid of the Seas."

It`s looking very very good.Just the curve of the white is to steep.The white should start bending downwards at the sixth window from the front.I painted a little for an example.It should be like this, I think.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174551.jpgRegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints