Sign in to follow this  
Guest sbdwag

Ready for Pushback

Has anyone purchased this product. I have not seen any comments on this. Also can anyone tell me how it stacks up to CaptainSims 727. Good? Bad? frame rates???

Guest CharlesH

Hi:I have both, Ready for Push Back 747-200, is just great. The panels are very complex and give you a great overview of what its like to fly and be on a plane like that. It takes a while to learn all the systems on the plane, ie fuel, ect., but once you mastered it, its very nice and well designed. Check it out at the panelshop.com and you can read what others have said. Customer support is also great. Ralph designed a great team with this product. Capt Sim, 727 is not bad, I own it also, but I think the panel needs a bit of help. Some gagues are not clear. As I said, its not bad, you could call it average if you want. The 727 modeling is quite good. I would read what others have said. I don't want to knock Capt Sim either. Frame Rates are not too bad, but I no expert with it as I have a slow system. You might want to go to Capt Sim forum here and take a look yourself. What I would do is read messages on both forums and come to your own conclusion. Read as many message as you can before you purchase it. Capt Sim and Ralf's 727-200 are both good, in my personal opinion, the 747-200 is far better. You can also visit Dreamfleet site and read about their upcomming 727. It has not been released as of yet, panel shots are sure nice. Charles

I don't agree with the above statement about Ready for Pushback, unless you have 1.8gig machine stay away from this purchase. This plane is the hardest aircraft on framerates this side of Wilco's Airport 2002 scenery. I more so can understand scenery having a frame rate problem but not a GMAX aircraft. The VC is the main aspect that will kill your frames and the look of it does not justify the frame hit. As for the flight model, the pitch sensitivity is a tad too much. You almost feel like your landing a CRJ versus a 747-200. The panel graphics are not as good as other offerings but as they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. Vmax is currently working on updates so some of these issues may get resolved. I would not recommend this add-on based on the poor performance on standard systems (1.8gig and below).Dillon--1.5gig SCSI Pentium4 Dell 100gig SCSI HDGeforce 4 TI 4600

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dillon,Beg to differ ... I am successfully running RFP on an "older" PIII 866 with 512mb ram and a gforce2mx400/64mb video.Issues you have raised above are being addressed by the developers. I would suggest that http://www.panelshop.com/index.html is the place to discuss this software, since the site is dedicated to RFP.To others who are interested, there is a great variety of comment and feedback ... both positive and negative on the panelshop website.Cheers and,

Ready for Pushback is a great addon but, as others have pointed out, it is very hard on frame rates. My system is still fairly high-end and yet I find its performance is just not acceptable with this plane. Granted, I use the VC and three monitors to display as many different panels as possible. As for the systems, I have to confess I just haven't given it the time it deserves so I can't comment. I also own the CS 727. It is much smoother but the gauges are way too little to be practical (certainly those on the engineers panel!). Also, the panels were all made in 3D which makes them unusable on multiple monitors - a HUGE drawback in my book, but I realize I'm in the minority here. I was never able to get the checklists to work at all, but I see just as many posts from people wondering how to disconnect them, so maybe they aren't worth the trouble. The PSS Dash 8 or the Iron Knuckles DC9 are better values in my book and more fun. If the 747-200 can be made more efficient, I will certainly give it another try.DavidP4 2.3ghz 1024 DRAM GEForce 4 Ti4600

Guest sbdwag

I agree. I havent given RFP enough of a chance. To each his own though. For those of you who want excellent systems integration and a challenge just to get this plane off the ground and land it from a cold and dark startup its probable the most complex addon yet. For those of us who cant seem to get by the 5 or 6 fps on our high end systems unless we want to fly it in clear skys with all our settings turned down, and use the default scenery. Its a dissapointment.Dennis

I'm running it fine on a PIII (2) 1G with 1024KRAM and a geForce 3 500TI. My frame limiter is set to 15 (per Lago's suggestion for their mesh scenery which I like) and I do have the AI cut back to 10%, but the only time I get frames <7-8 is at the Simflyer's London Airports and I can even land and taxi there. I never fly without FSMeteo so that is always running also.Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com