Sign in to follow this  

AVSIM file downloads broken today (6/12)?

I'm a regular AVSIM file user, but this morning (9:45 a.m. CDT) I'm unable to download any files from the AVSIM file library. Is it just me?Thanks.

Hi Brent,Based upon feedback from another user, it looks like this problem may be related to my recent (last night) Microsoft autoupdate of my Windows XP SP-1 system. My Internet Explorer browser version is now 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633.FYI, I just fired up Netscape Communicator 4.79 and it downloads Avsim files just fine.

I am having the same problem downloading. Is there any way to undo the updates causing the problem?Thank youLitow

Never mind. I just restored system to a date before updates and all is back to normal.Litow

My experience thus far suggests that this situation is unique to Avsim. The download process from other sites doesn't appear to be affected. I hope that the Avsim tech gurus look into this.For what it's worth, here are the Windows XP patches I installed yesterday:817787: Security Update Windows Media Player for XP Web site Q815021 XP: Security Update Web site Q817287: Critical Update (Catalog Database Corruption in Microsoft Windows XP) Web site 811493: Security Update (Windows XP) Web site 330994: April 2003, Security Update for Outlook Express 6 SP1 Web site 818529: June 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

Q811493 and Q815021 updates seem to be the ofenders. I uninstalled them but for some reason, I still could not download from AVSIM. I had to restore to a date previous to these two updates. No problem downloading now. Litow