Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

ABACUS NAVAJO

Anyone flying the Navajo in the General Aviation Pack from Abacus??Have a strange problem

The problem might lie in the fact that most aircraft in Abacus's 'Try Before You Buy' line were designed for FS2000, and were never updated for FS2k2.

Hi Tonni,David is completely correct. Abacus is not up to date with his stufs and if you getting load any plane it left a lot of trash in your computer. That

Thanks for the replies...I'll have a muck around with it and try and get it going properly..I love small GA aircraft and the 3D model a the Navajo is great, so it's seems a shame to just trash it...Besides... Got the GA pack from the wife for Christmas... She usually moans about me using too much time at the computer so I know now much 'cost' her to actually walk into a shop and buy it for me....Cheers//Tonni

Guest Moghdad

How do you like the GA package? Can you give a quick review?

I'm not sure because my memory isn't any good but I think I downloaded the Navajo from Abacus' web site before I installed it on a new computer that has FS2002 on it. I had the Navajo on another computer with FS2000 and there was a problem with it in that if you got within 25 - 30 feet of a building it would crash (building crash.) Now running in FS2002 it doesn't do that any more so possibly the downloaded version has been updated. If your wife bought a CD version it could be very well be for FS2000.I fly the Navajo with a custom panel that I downloaded and the fuel flow gauges work although the gauge range is too low. I was looking at the stock panel the other night and had the same problem but with only one engine. Last night I tried it again and both fuel flow needles worked and I couldn't get the problem to reappear.I have a couple suggestions. Under in the FS2002.cfg file on this line "SITUATION=" delete everything after the equal sign; this will start you back at Meigs in the C182. Then switch to the Navajo and see if the problem is still there.Secondly, you might try downloading the trial version of the Navajo from Abacus' web site and see if that works any better. The downloaded version requires an activation key after the 7 day free trial but if that fixes the problem and you have proof of purchase of the CD they may give it to you if there isn't one with the CD. I don't have the General Avaition Pack, just the Navajo, so I don't know if there are any conflicts there or not. Some years ago Abacus had a phone support line, don't know if they still do but worth a try.I really like this plane, you can cruise at 14,000' at 22kts GS with the mixture leaned out and the throttles backed off. The lack of side views is disappointing so I made my own off a combination of some C310 views (removed the wing tanks) and some screenshots of FLY's Navajo.This is long so I hope it's of some help.

"The lack of side views is disappointing so I made my own off a combination of some C310 views (removed the wing tanks) and some screenshots of FLY's Navajo."You might be able to make some side views using Active Camera. I've thought about this for adding static side views to G/A aircraft without, or to Mike Stone's B1900 series, which also lacks them. Haven't gotten around to it, but my thought is you can get the camera viewpoint to where you want it, snap a shot of the side view, then mask out everything but the wing.-John

Guest SoarPics

As Abacus seems to be doing the minimal in support and updating of their older products, there is the Navajo that FSD is working on. No word on when it will be ready, but if it's like all their products it will be worth the wait.http://www.fsd-international.comRegards,