Sign in to follow this  
CAPTAIN_CARESS

Overland 777-300ER Paintkit Mystery...Help!!!!

Ok, I've realised that this missing section which forms the front gear door is not part of a seperate texture as such, it's actually part of the left and right fuse nose section, check the pic below as just an example, it's of the default SMS aeroflot paint that comes with the package.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176688.jpgThe red bit that I have marked in the nose section is the problem area in the Emirates paint I'm currently doing. I have this bit painted perfectly, yet it still remains untextured as seen in the original pic I've posted. I've even tried cutting and pasting another nose section (which doesn't have the untextured problem) onto my 773 Left and Right bmp's, but amazingly that part still remains untextured! It's not making any sense and is very frustrating. Below is the paint that I'm trying to do which is giving me all the grief. As you can see, the texture's all line up accordingly but I'm still experiencing the missing texture in the sim.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176689.jpgAny ideas?

If you still haven't found it yet there is a way.. may take a little while though. First remove a bmp from the texture folder.. check it out in flight sim. If that bit is now untextured (grey) then its on that bmp. If not.. then put it back in the folder and remove another bmp until you find it. Once you know the bmp, split it up in to say quarters.. paint each quarter a vibrant and different colour on a layer. Keep making the splitting up the section until you find the area :)

Thanks for your suggestion. I've gone back to every single bmp to try and identify if it is to do with any other file but it's not. The reason being, the area in question is paintable directly on the nose section of the fuse as shown on the default aeroflot pic I've posted. The painted bit there should all just merge automatically in the sim.As you can see from that bmp shot of the Aeroflot example (which has no problems), the area in question has a blue stripe running along the bottom of the fuse in the nose section and when in the sim, this shows up fine without the missing sqaure texture problem I'm having on my paint, despite it being painted the same way as the aeroflot if that makes sense.Could it be anything to do with my photoshop settings, or the way I'm saving it? Or perhaps using DXTBMP? I'm just thinking on a wider scope now...

Oh I see! The gear doors are what you're having problems with? So on the Aeroflot paint scheme the doors with "ETOPS" on shows fine in the sim?If I'm finally in on the right track, is there another door texture perhaps somewhere else?I wouldn't have thought Photoshop or DXTBmp settings would do anything regarding this. Certainly a pretty weird one..!

Ok I've got good news and bad news..The good news is I've found the area using my method as described above.The bad news being its a shared texture. I have no idea why developers these days still used the shared texture for areas like this.. theres room just for a small rectangle just for these doors on the sheet.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176727.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176728.jpg

>If you still haven't found it yet there is a way.. may take a>little while though. >>First remove a bmp from the texture folder.. check it out in>flight sim. If that bit is now untextured (grey) then its on>that bmp. If not.. then put it back in the folder and remove>another bmp until you find it. >>Once you know the bmp, split it up in to say quarters.. paint>each quarter a vibrant and different colour on a layer. Keep>making the splitting up the section until you find the area>:)The text above Morgan wrote and I wondered why he did not use the method I described some weeks ago.The way Morgan does the search and find is a very unhandy timeconsuming process.Finding a spot like this never takes me for more than some seconds.I use this method for many years now and as far as I remember it never took me more than 45 seconds to find a spot.The everage seach-time is 20 seconds.The only thing you need is FSRepaint ( the free demo will do perfectly )So I`ll just repeat my post.Using my method with FSRepaint enables you to find any spot on any plane within a handfull of seconds.I made a little demo using one of the Fokker F28 repaints I made ,as painter/team-member, for Project Fokker Jetline.Step 1Launch the model in FSRepaintStep 2Open the sheet where all texurefiles are shownStep 3If you do not know on which texturefile the spot you`re looking for is situated , simply fill all these textures ( you can open and edit them by clicking) with a massive colour (I used red) until the part of the plane you`re looking for is filled with that colour.Select the whole texture with the paint-bucket (select the colour first) and click to fill.Now you know on wich texturesheet your spot is situated.**Step 4 Simply undo the colouring of the last texture (Ctrl+Z)Step 5Start with the line-tool from the left upper corner of the texture and draw a red line towards the other side and swing the line (radial).Watch the spot you`re looking for (on the model shown in the main screen of FSRepaint) until the red line appears on the spot.Leave that line in this position.Step 6Repeat step 5 starting from the right upper corner.The moment the red line passes your spot the second time , the two lines are crossing eachother.Step 7You have found the location of your spot!It`s just at the crossing of the lines.** Whenever filling all the textures with a massive colour does not change the colour of the spot , the colour for this spot is controlled by the model-file and CANNOT be changedThat`s all there is to.Search and find in less than 20 seconds.Have fun,Regards Leen de Jagerhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176745.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176746.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Morgan,It was not my intention "to get you" but I whas really wondering why.Obviously you missed my post from a fourthnight ago.( july 26th )This bring me to another issue.Here on the Avsim painterforum there is some kind of repaint toolbox wich is not a closed topic so discussion lingers on.As you know I am a painter/repainter for many years and ( probably you do not know that) I am acting as some kind of "repainting-consultant" on the Dutch Flightsimulator Site in Holland ( and incidentically here on Avsim)On this site (DFS http://www.dutchfs.com ) I am also manager of the repainting-department.( apart from being Staff member on this site)I created a Toolbox in wich all programs and tools needed for repainting can be found as well as an explanation about the purposes they are ment for. http://www.dutchfs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74I also advertise your excellent repaint tutorials !!!Also I created a topic called " The most asked Repaint-questions and their Answers." http://www.dutchfs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72Here on Avsim every question repeats itsselves endlessly and all answers loose their pictures in time.My explanation oubout the "Crosshairs method" as shown above ,will vanish in time.Explanations like this should by collected in a special pinned topic , so everyone could have the answer on any question in no time.What do you think ?Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

It wasn't necessarily that I missed it, just hadn't tried it. I use FSRepaint quite alot for repainting but usually just for viewing the model.. however the live texture update is pretty useful! I'll make sure to suggest it in the future :)I certainly like your set up on the Dutch forum (and thanks for the mention of my tutorial by the way :))Maybe PMing danowat about this could get it moving.

Guys, you've been a great help, it may be mundane to you guys but it feels like sheer genius what you've found out, as nobody else has managed to provide the answer, so thank you.I have 2 problems remaining...1. When installing the demo of FSrepaint, I have a dll error :(2. Secondly now that we've identified the area in question, how would I go about painting it to blend in with the fuse and the nose gear door??? The problem is the paint is photoreal and it would ruin the photoreal effect if I was to darken the rectangle on the fuse to get the doors to show up! Bit of a dilemma any suggestions?Thanks again for your help so far! ;)

Hi Bavesh,The answer on the first question is quiet simple.Just run Windows update and this problem is gone.The second question is a totally different story.As the model uses one part of the texture to cover two parts of the plane you`ll have to try a texture inbetween both.Practically a non solvable problem.As far as is concerns the Emirates livery I see no problem.Both spots on the real plane have the same color.The unrealistic dark underside of the plane causes the trouble.Just make the fuse one color without shade.Just the same way as it was sprayed in color at the factory.FS will take care of the shadow in de SIM.I hate all those repaints with black bellies.Make a steep left or right turn with a bird with such a belly and it will stay dark alltough it`s in 100% sunlight.This dark-belly-stuff is created in the first sim without dynamic shading.Making photoreal paints from photos makes the problem even worse.Skip the shade and you`ll skip the problem and you`ll end up with a perfect repaint.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints