Sign in to follow this  
CAPTAIN_CARESS

Overland 777-300ER Paintkit Mystery...Help!!!!

I totally agree with you in the sense that photoreal paints retain their dark belly's which is unrealistic when looking from underneath or during turns, but I just can't help but love photoreal textures none the less!:( I've just modified some of the colour and shading on that part of the Emirates fuse so that it's a good compromise of the dark colour for the underside and the light colour of the fuse. I appreciate all the help that's been given here, it really was driving me nuts! I think it just means that after this paint I may re-consider attempting another using the overland 777 paintkit, as the modellers decision to texture two parts from one spot on the fuse is not really helpful at all and rather limiting, especially when working with photoreal textures or more complex/special paint schemes.Cheers! ;)

It certainly is a little strange that they shared the texture, theres a perfect space above the gear door for its own texture!

Oh yes Bavesh , I like those fotorealistic paints too.But we can have it both ways , the same time.I do not say it`s simple but it is possible to enlighten those dark bellies and keep the photorealistic character in tact.It is a lot of work but it is possible to prepare a photo and remove the shadow.When that is done we cut and paste the parts of the photo to our model.The result will be excellent.Have a look at an Airbus with partially removed shadow.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176765.jpgWith skill and endurance we can make what we want.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints