Sign in to follow this  

Oleksiys' Dash8 finally gets some recognition!

I see that Oleksiy Frolovs' Dash8-300 has finally been voted as "aircraft of the month" in the Airliner category over at Flightsim.com.Considering that this aircraft has been out for quite a long time, I am surprised that it has taken this long to get the recognition that it ( and Oleksiy ) deserves.From the systems, flight dynamics, realism, and sound points of view - I don't think there is another FS2002 Freeware addon that can beat it.Good on ya , Oleksiy !! - I wish I was as clever as you!! :)BarryPS From what I know ,this was also pretty much a one man creation - no teams involved in this one

agreed, this is an amazing single source freeware product.I still find the sounds to be unmatched, he make reference to a 'mathmatical' approach to sound manipulation. I would be interested in the how's and why's of that approach.Even though I am a big big fan of the PSS product, I do wonder why a major system (BIG major) such as hydraulics was not even mentioned (even a few fake toggle switches and lights) yet this bizarre facination with 'windsheild wipers'??

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

My vote would go for Oleksiy's Dash8 also, I love this plane.One of the few that is staying on my hard drive.Tony in Miami

Good on em'As a user of both, ok, I very rearly use the PSS now, Frolov's wins hands down as far as I am concerned. I have seen a few posts that rave about PSS but for a payware it does fall short. Then again one has to remember that Frolov designed a panel, and PSS designed eye candy. It makes me wonder at times, if some are afraid to admit that for the money spent they were not happy, when there was a fantastic freeware out there.http://www3.telus.net/dport1/Radar_small.gifRC3 - Just gotta' have it!http://www3.telus.net/dport1/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg