Sign in to follow this  

FS2004

Is it too early to start talking about FS2004?Has anybody heard anything about it?

Let's get the word out early for Microsoft. We want 2d panels in Flight Simulator 2004! At least the option. Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"

Guest abent

Likewise. If FS2004 offers only VC's, and no ability to use 2-d panels (payware, freeware or otherwise), I will definetly not buy it.Is this a stated fact? It is a good point to bring up.Thanks, Adam

I don't agree, I think 2D cockpits should go away for good if all switches work in the VCs of FS2004. As long as I can fully use the VC, goodbye 2D.Welcome to the future....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest sidewinder

I think both options should be available...

I agree have the option. Pick what you want that way everyone is happy. Speaking of this Dreamfleet has said they are making a 737NG for 2004 and it will have a 2d cockpit. They may no more than we do?Andrew

Guest guyjr

This is starting to look a lot like the problem Intel faced way back in the early 80s, having to support an old architecture (the 8086) because of all the legacy apps built for it. I think MS would be shooting themselves in the foot if they forced everyone to start developing only VC panels in the next version of FS. There are simply way too many excellent freeware and payware add-ons for FS2002 using gorgeous 2D panels to just ignore that installed base.I certainly won't be uninstalling FS2002 from my machine for quite some time. I've learned over the years developing software that it is far better to stick with something that works, especially products as rock-solid as FS2002, than to try and upgrade in the hopes that the new one will work better. I'd certainly try the next version of FS when it is released, but there's no way I would remove FS2002 until it has proven it can do the job better... and I don't see that happening if it doesn't support 2D panels. (At least not initially).

Guest N247BK

I notice many others are in the same thought phase I am regarding Flight Simming.It is almost a rite of Winter in the "between" year of MFSF releases.I'm itching to get my eyes and hands on the new release.I hope there will be pleasant surprises for us in realism that will not affect the release date too dramatically.One thing I will wager you on: I will have to upgrade my P4-1.8 and my GF3-Ti200 to fly.I'm already saving my coins in a box.

There we go again.Let the rumour mills run free people, here we come...YES, it is too early to talk about FS2004 (or whatever the title will be).There has been NO official announcement that they're working on it put out to the press (only hints on the website), let alone what features there will be.Unless and until there is an official pressrelease and website by Microsoft themselves (so not "my uncle heard from his neighbour who's niece works for the company that does the cleaning in the offices of the catering company that works for the security company that works on the Microsoft campus") there is nothing substantial and all you hear is empty rumours.

Yes 2D in my opinion must be an option ,people who have spent their wedge on multi monitor setups like me need to keep the format aliveregs keith

I have to agree with Randy Smith. We want to keep the 2D Option. And the other panel clippings for radio, overhead panel etc...I was very disappointed with the removal of 2D cockpits in CFS3. A simulator with just VCs for me would need fully-simulated head movement, so you look can look around the panels properly; and also a "mouse-over" function, so that the switches can be accessed as on the 2D panels. JasonD