Sign in to follow this  
Guest dmelia

Just learning to repaint

Guest dmelia

Hello all... I'm just learning to repaint. Basically I "work" as Ops mamanger for a collection of small virtual airlines - fictional ones, I have been trying to help out with a few repaints you can see a couple herehttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/dme...0226_210337.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/dme...0226_210241.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/dme...0213_111139.jpgThe first two are an F1 ATR 72, The last one is a PSS A320.The big advantage here is that they are both payware and repaint kits are readily available - not difficult to just apply the logos!Problem is my "boss" likes to give our pilots repaints of freeware aircraft as well as payware...makes sense, don't want to be seen to be forcing people to spend money do we? Anyway, that Airbus was no problem as I choose to repaint the IFDG model - or rather, include my textures and their original aircraft to preserve their copyright. That was pretty straight forward, as they have published a repaint template. So... where can I find a good freeware ATR which has a repaint kit available, OR how do I take an existing texture and make it all white so I can effectively make my own repaint kit? I have DXTBMP, Imagetool, FSRepaint and PSP 7.0. What I really want to do, is turn a flattened bmp file back into a layered PSD file, so I can "peel" layers off leaving a base onto which I can apply my colour, then various badges and logos. Is that even possible?Note also that I don't publish these per-se, they are only available to our pilots.Appreciate your helpDrew Melia, Ops Manager Air Dubai VA, GoodFly VA, FlyCAPE VA

Unfortunately you won't be able to generate layers from a bmp as part of the saving process will flatten them all. The main file format that is able to support layers is .psd but theres also .psp for Paintshop Pro and a couple of others.Some paint kits are actually just flattened bmps without a paintscheme, to me thats not really a paint kit. Although you should be able to find at least some form of paint kit for most flight sim planes, especially the more popular ones.Any other questions feel free to shoot :)