Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

FS2002 and Wilco Airport 2000 vol. 1,2 and 3

Hi everyone,I'd like to know if the Wilco's famous add-ons, Wilco Airport 2000 vol.1, vol.2 and vol.3 are compatible with FS2002.I know that there is a patch for Wilco Airport 2000 vol.3 but I've never heard of it about the two first add-ons.What are the bugs in FS2002 with the Wilco Airport 2000 series ?Thank you for your answer, ;-)Damien BRUNET (LFQQ)e-mail : udb@fr.stUDB, L'Univers de Damien BRUNEThttp://www.udb.fr.st/

NO their not... If you try them you'll find they run slower with FS2002 than FS2000...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think that there is a patch for Vol 1 to FS2002, should be at Wilco's site.

I must respectfully disagree. I've been running all 3 volumes at better smoother frame rates then I ever experienced with FS2000.There are some fix files in AVSIM's library to help with taxiways and runways. With those installed I find the the packages actually better now than I ever did.Michael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

I have also loaded Airport 2000 Vol 1 and 2 in FS2K2. They run fine, but the runway textures are missing for some reason. I have read in the forums that there are fix files for this problem but I have not been able to find any. Does anyone know where these files can be found?Thanks,Keith

jerrycwo4Michael, My three old Airport 2000 volumes have been sitting for a long time. What are the file names here at Avsim of the 'fixs' that you used? Thanksjerry

Guest WorkingStiff

...................................................How To Install Airport 2000 Sceneries in FS2002These instructions are only for Airports 2000 Vols. 1 and 2. In addition to your Airport 2000 Vol.1 and 2 CDs, you will also need the patch titled A2V1_FS2000.exe which is available from Wilco Publishing at ftp://ftp.wilcopub.com/A22V1_W98Me.exeAirport 2000 Vol.3 will install into FS2002 without problem; you will then only need to run the update patch named A2V3_FS2002.exe that is available for download from ftp://ftp.wilcopub.com/A2V3_FS2002.exe1. Create a folder named FS2000, for example F:FS2000 (preferably in a location far away from your FS2002 folder)2. Create three folders within the FS2000 folder and name them "Scenery", "Texture", and "Pilots"3. Copy your Scenery.cfg file from the FS2002 root directory and paste it into the root FS2000 folder.At this stage you will have a folder structure as follows:F:FS2000...............scenery.cfg.....Scenery.....Texture.....Pilots4. Start your Airport 2000 Vol.1 CD and change the installation path to the FS2000 folder you created earlier. Note that this must be the root FS2000 folder so the path would be something like "F:FS2000"5. Select the option to install only the airports; uncheck the options for installing Aircraft and Adventures.6. After installation is complete run the A2V1_FS2000.exe update patch. Again you will need to specify the path to the FS2000 folder. I have found that even when I specify the path correctly the patch installs in two locations; the FS2000 folder and C:FS2000 folder so you will need to watch for that and delete the extra installion on the C: drive7. Repeat the same process for Airport 2000 Vol. 2, skipping step 6 since there is no patch for this CD.8. Now examine the Scenery folder (there will now be two sub-folders named Airport 2000 Vol.1 and Airport 2000 Vol.2) and delete the airports you do NOT want to install in FS2002.9. Move the Airport 2000 Vol.1 and Airport 2000 Vol. 2 folders to your preferred FS2002 addon scenery folder (My preference is the main FS2002 scenery folder).10. Move the entire contents of the Texture folder from the FS2000 folder to your main FS2002 Texture folder.11. You may choose to remove the static and dynamic sceneries by either renaming or deleting those .bgl files in the scenery folders that have "sta" or "dyn" in their names. (it is safer to rename them by changing the filename extension)12. Start FS2002, go to the Scenery Library and add the sceneries.13. Delete the FS2000 folder you created in step 1, including the scenery.cfg file and the Pilots folder (this contains flights that are not used in FS2002)Here is a list of the Texture files that MUST be copies from the FS2000 Texture folder to the main FS2002 Texture folder:TRWY-D.RWYArwy25.rwyArwy27.rwyArwy27l.rwyArwy27r.rwyArwy30.rwyArwy33l.rwyArwy33r.rwyArwy-a.rwyArwy-b.rwyArwy-c.rwyArwy-d.rwyHroad.bmpL-858B.R8L-858B-N.R8L-858L.R8L-858L-N.R8L-858R.R8L-858R-N.R8L-858Y.R8L-858Y-N.R8Trwy22r.rwyTRWY-A.RWYTRWY-B.RWYTRWY-C.RWYApron.r8Arwy31l.rwyArwy20.rwyArwy22l.rwyArwy22r.rwyArwy25l.rwyArwy25r.rwyAgenrwy.rwyArwy31r.rwyArwy36.rwyCGENRWY.RWYCrwy24l.rwyCrwy24r.rwyCrwy25l.rwyCrwy25r.rwyCrwy26l.rwyCrwy26r.rwyCRWY28.RWYCRWY-A.RWYCRWY-B.RWYCRWY-C.RWYCRWY-D.RWYRed.bmproad.bmpTGENRWY.RWYTrwy25l.rwyTrwy25r.rwyTRWY27.RWYWhite.bmpYelBlack.bmpYellow.bmpA user named SirSanka has created fixes (flatten files) and AFCAD files for KJFK and KMIA. You can find the fixes at: http://members.verizon.net/~pizarroj/a2k_flat_kjfk.ziphttp://members.verizon.net/~pizarroj/a2k_flat_kmia.zipAnother user (Jase439???) created a flatten file for KBOS but I don't think his files are hosted by AVSIM any longer. Simply unzip the files and paste them into the A2_kjfk and A2_kmia scenery folders respectively.The AFCAD file for KJFK can be found at:http://members.verizon.net/~pizarroj/KJFK1_jp_a2k.zipHope this is helpful.Regards

Hi there,I was very interested by your message as how to install Airport 2000 Vol 1 and 2 in FS2002 and I started doing as described step by step.However, when arriving at step # 4 , that is starting the CD vol 1 and indicating the root FS2000 folder just created, in my case c:FS2000 (FS2002 is in my drive D) and hitting OK I get an error message "FS98 path not correct" (or not found or something like that.I then tried to run the a2v1_fs2000 patch BEFORE step # 4 but with the same result.Have you got an idea of what goes wrong ?rgdsJFC

Guest WorkingStiff

I've never encountered that error before because Vol. 1 was compatible with both FS98 and FS2000. EDIT: You need to select FS2000 from the the radio button options presented after you enter the CD key.

jerrycwo4Thanks for the good into. I'm saving this project for a LONG, LONG rainy day. Thanks for that great effort on your part. That post must have taken quite a long time to do.jerry

Trouble is I don't get that window when I start the Airport 2000 Vol.1 CD. I just get a color window with three buttons : INSTALL, CREDITS and EXIT. I click INSTALL and I get the install wizard which takes about 2-3 minutes before the install screen appears (this does not seem very normal). I then proceed and ineluctably the darn error message appears. I have been fooling with that for three hours now and I think I will give up before I blow a fuse and grind the two Airport CD's in the kitchen mixer.....HAAARRRGGGNNN......Thanks for your help all the same.

Guest WorkingStiff

You're welcome. Yes, it did but consider it my contribution to the forum. This is a combination of tips I've picked up from reading this and other forums over time.I'd advise that you download the fixes Sirsanka created now since I can't guarantee that they will be available when you want them.

Guest WorkingStiff

Here are the steps in pictures:1. Click Setup2. Select LanguageFollow the other steps; I don't understand why it's not working for you.

Anyone know how to fix the bumpy ground at LFPO (vol.3)??? I'm using most of the various sceneries with Sir Sanka's fixes, but this is the only one I have problems with. Misha