Sign in to follow this  

Plane pulls left when adding throttle

All the sudden all my aircraft are turning to the left by themselves. I've deleted my controllers, recalibrated them and it still happens. This is on ALL planes (jets included), so I doubt it's the typical single engine prop pull to the left.I looked from the outside view. and here's what happens. When I advance the throttles, the front wheel turns to the left. The only way to compinsate for it is to put in right rudder. I've also checked the Autorudder box, but it still does it.Any ideas??

Only 2 suggestiosn:1:-When you callibrate your joystick do it through the Control Panel with FS2002 shut down... I've earlier had problems with doing it via FS2002 even though it's the same callibration box you use... Don't know why..2:-Try callibrating your stick again, and then move you FS2002.cfg file to a temp folder and let FS2002 rebuild it... It sometimes stuffs up the joystick settings for some unknown reason...I'm assuming that you know that some twin props do actually pull of to one side in real life unless they've go contra-rotating props...Not much but maybe it'll do the trick.....Cheers//Tonni

Strange, the left-turning tendency of the prop is the first thing that popped into my mind also. That is strange for sure.

Guest TerryT

Do you have any high winds set in the weather controls. For some reason, FS2002 does not seem to simulate crosswind effects too well.Terry

I have most troubling time with the rudder myself. I had similar problem when started to takeoff. I suspect that i might got the problem fixed by adjusting rudder trim (ctrl+num 0 / ctrl+ num enter)... i think that i had those settings permanently unbalanced everytime i started the sim... then i saved reseted situation as a default flight and the problem was gone... hmmm.. might not work for you, but you never know...

GO into control panel/gaming options/controllerID. If you have a tick in the "Poll interrupts enabled" box, click it out. Seem to remember reading that somewhere a couple of years ago.Regards,Russell.

Thanks guys!I'll give these a try. I tried to delete the FS2000.cfg file and let it rebuild it, but that didn't fix it.I was thinking the prop thing too, until I fired up a 737 and it did the same thing.

Thanks guys! It turned out to be the darned weather settings. I had a real weather saved as my default. Once I cleared it all was fine!

Do you use FSUIPC? If so, it's got a checkbox to disable taxi winds. Normally I'd say this isn't realistic, but MS did such a ham-fisted job of ground handling that discussions of reality are out of place anyway. If you disable the taxiing winds, you'll find that the problem doesn't crop up again, no matter what weather you load.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

hey Bill,yes I use FSUIPC. I will give this a try tonight. I hate to not have my weather realistic just for this one thing. Weird thing is, i've been using real weather for a long, long time and have never seen it this bad before. But I usually change my weather every time I start up so maybe I didn't notice it. For the last 2 weeks I haven't changed the weather.oh well, thanks for the help!