Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Rivatuner & FS2002

Any tips about the best settings for rivatuner?I have a Geforce4 4200Ti but I'm little confused by the huge amount of settings in Rivatuner. Thanks

Actually, I'd recommend not using RivaTuner at all. I've found there are only two variables which have a significant effect on FS2002 - the levels of anisotropic filtering and antialiasing. And both of these settings are now available through the properties tab which installs with the new drivers. Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hi AllessandroSee my post called 'Video tip?'. I use Riva tuner and the result I have achieved using the 'german' tip has given me the best graphics yet. I am eagerly awaiting response to my other post to see if others have similar results (but I am old and wise and I am not holding my breath)

Guest lawyerpilot

Mimmap LOD has a big effect too. Set to High or in the range of -.9 to -1.1. Trust me the detail difference is significant.

Guest PaulL01

Most settings now are finely supported in the newer driver menus,Setting for "Best image quality" will effectively place LOD (Level Of Detail of the mipmaping) to its lowest allowable or best setting by the driver menu, also aniso set to 4x or 32tap as it is also called will give you very nice detail without to much of the dreaded "swimming" textures. Also make sure you uncheck "texture sharpening" as all this does is increase the anisotropic filtering by a factor of 2 or back to default if you have 8x selected.Beyond that what RivaTuner can do is run LOD at a slight negative level which provides even better detail especially noticed at high screen resolutions. a setting beyond -0.3 starts to approach overkill.Negative LOD-NOTE:You can select negative LOD but you wont ever actually be able to use it unless you run the "LOD-bias" script patch found under the "power users" tab. Read the associated help files for this feature.also the latest RivaTuner can allow you to select the undocumented new AA modes 6xs, 8x etc. these will work if you are at a low enough resolution to allow graphic memory headroom to perform the new unlocked modes.in addition if you are aware of and except the risk of overclocking your card RivaTuner boast a very cool hardware level (not software) overclocking feature.Most any other feature you should leave alone, or at least do all your homework on any possible effects, most are there for the very experienced user to get past incompatibility issues etc.