Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Domsestic airlines flying in Hawaii

HiI was planning on starting to fly som domestic flights with the Dash 8 in the Hawaiian airspace. Can anyone tell me how to plan flights between the islands airprts, for example what altitudes does Aloha and Hawaiian Airlines use for their flight (as they probably don

Guest guyjr

The only inter-island trip I took on my honeymoon to Hawaii last August was on Aloha from Honolulu to Lihue, Kauai. It was on a 737-200, took about 22 minutes from t/o to landing, and couldn't have climbed up much past 10,000 feet by my estimation.Typically winds at Honolulu allow for a departure to the east. Runway 8L is typically used, unless it's a big plane (like 767-400 fully loaded with fuel), then they use 8R. Arriving into Lihue we landed on runway 35, and departed a week later on runway 3, arriving at Honolulu on runway 8L.

Hi Guy,I flew from Honolulu to Kona last year, and after we landed I cornered the pilot to ask him exactly how much altitude we could possibly have attained on that short (35 min or so) hop. He said their normal cruise is around 22,000 ft. That struck me as pretty high for such a short flight, but I figure it's hard to argue with the guy who just did it! This was in one of Hawaiian's new shiny 717s, btw. Nice plane -- it still had that "new plane smell". Only problem was the overactive air-conditioning system which caused a stream of condensation to pour out of the overhead vents near the rear of the plane on takeoff and near the front on landing. It was really funny seeing the flight attendants trying to convince passengers to hold up a magazine or something or else get peed on by the airplane!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest HeavyFan

Hi there! I Live on OAhu, Hawaii, and i listen to my scanner regulaly to listen to the planes! ususally flight's to like HNL-Lihue, or Maui use typically Flight Levels of about 11,000Ft-14,000Ft on flight's to these 2 places! And Flight's to HNL-KONA, use Flt Levels of about 17-22,000ft to Kona, and flght's to HILO i usually hear the ALOHA 737's cruz at 23-25,000ft for that 50min flight! Hope this helps ya a little bit! MIKE-:)

Mike:If you're familiar with TTools and adding flight plans to your AI traffic.bgl file, you may want to download the AI flight plans from Project AI at the link below. Open the flightplans text file and check the altitudes listed for various flights. I would imagine its direct, maybe via published departure (SIDS) and arrival (STARS)procedures, but unless you have the charts, those won't be much help.http://download.projectai.com//upload/Unof...%20Airlines.zipLet me know if I can be of any other assistance with the AI plans.Good Luck,Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

HeavyFan, Wow, that was all I could wish for THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Perhaps you can help me further with your Hawaii knowledge. I have studied the STAR plates and notice that many destinations are shorter than the actual STAR :)To clearify myself with an example. The Booke Eight arrival to Honolulu Intl. has 4 transition points SYVAD, CANON, DANNO and Thoma. However they all are futher away from Honolulu than Lihue Airport. So say I fly from Lihue to Honolulu. How do I do that using the Booke eight STAR?ThanksMike

Guest HeavyFan

Hmm hi again MIKE! Good name! hehe-:), Well from the Booke Arrvial that i hear,Mostly the Heavy Jets from ASIA use that SID incoming to HNL, ATC clears them Direct to BOOKE8 INT, then after that they hand them over to Approach Control, and they just give them a Vector heading off the BOOKE8 to Runway 8L approach, and for the interisland flight's i think are the same way, or they get a vectored heading to an Int on the Runway 8L approach?? I'm not positive on this, I am just going off what i hear on My scanner!? So i just go either Dirct Booke8 Int from Lihue or to a Int on the Path to 8L!? MIKE-:)Also>> those Int of SYVAD,THOMA,CANNON, DANNO are the Ones the HEavy jets use on Departures to Japan! I know i heard the ATC tell a UA 757 or a ALOHA and HAWAIIAN planes leaving HNL Direct to a Int Straight from HNL! I forget the Name, but i will look it up in FS later! I knwo it was a direct Int near the Runway Approach to Lihue!