Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Bell 206b New Sound

Hello Simmers,Just installed a great new realistic sound for my Bell 206b default egg-beater, oferred by ******* Hernandez.It is real nice, but, it creates a problem. My Hugues 500d and 500d amphib have no more sound. I know not much of puter stuff, but looks like it is aliased to the Bell 206 sound. So, I tried to copy and apply the sound mod. of the 206 to my Hugues.Still no sound. The ideal would be to aliased the Hugues sound to the Bell. It would save lots of disc space. If someone could help me out with this, please as the author of the modification indicates no addy on his documents.Thank You:Flatspin_Fumble

A lot of add-on helicopters are aliased to the default Bell sound. Regrettably, the author of this new sound add-on advises to DELETE the default Bell AIRCRAFT.CFG, airfile and sound folder. This really is not done; more experienced developers would always recommend a back up of the default stuff.So there lies your problem, I fear. You don't want to have to muck about with other helicopters airfiles every time you need the Bell sound alias: you will lose a lot. If I were you, I would reinstall the default Bell and keep the new one you have created under a second folder, with the new sounds. If you need advice on reinstalling the default one, please shout.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Thank you Dark Moment, I appreciate you helping me.The ideal solution would be if I could alias the sound of my new choppers to pick up that of the new Bell Sound.If this is not possible, how can I enter another Bell206B in my aircraft folder, so that the old version could be the aliased one for the new choppers and the new one for flying the 206B (I think was your suggestion). But I would still prefer to aliase to the new sound if possible.Thanks again, Leon>A lot of add-on helicopters are aliased to the default Bell >sound. Regrettably, the author of this new sound add-on >advises to DELETE the default Bell AIRCRAFT.CFG, airfile and >sound folder. This really is not done; more experienced >developers would always recommend a back up of the default >stuff. >>So there lies your problem, I fear. You don't want to have >to muck about with other helicopters airfiles every time you >need the Bell sound alias: you will lose a lot. If I were >you, I would reinstall the default Bell and keep the new one >you have created under a second folder, with the new sounds. > If you need advice on reinstalling the default one, please >shout. >>Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont >>http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg Flatspin_Fumble

I should check with the author if you wish to alias the new sounds. You could simply try aliasing your other helicopter's SOUND.CFG to read "alias=bell206bsound" and see if that works; but the author will be able to advise if there's anything peculiar about his installation for the Bell (which I think there is).He's already posted two updates for his sounds for the A365 N3; so this rather underlines my advice never to delete default aircraft files, whatever freeware or payware developers say in their READMEs. They don't always get it right!Good luck, in any case.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg