Sign in to follow this  

Project AI first time user help!

Today I decided to try out Project AI for the first time. I downloaded the Jetblue package, clicked on the automatic installer and downloaded it to FS2002. Then I went to KJFK to see what it will look like, but all I saw was default planes and no Jetblue planes. I also tried KLGB and KFLL but saw no Jetblue planes at those airports either. Am I supposed to do something to get the Jetblue planes to show in the game? I have the AI traffic slider at 100%Thanks for your help

Hi Joseph, I have some good news for you! The fix for your problem is really simple!! Just follow these simple steps:1: Uninstall the Jet Blue Package, you can do so by clicking Start - Programs (All Programs if you use Win XP) - Project AI - Jet Blue - Remove Package2: Uninstall any other Project AI traffic you have downloaded (use the same steps as above)3: Download the AI Traffic Base File by clicking the link below http://www.pai.simairport.com/files/airlines/Setup_Base.zip4: Let the Base File Install and do its thing5: Re-install the Jet Blue traffic pack + any other traffic packs you would like6: Enjoy flying with Jet Blue! (And yes, the texture file for the right engine is backwards, so the .com appears as - moc.eulbtej.www)Hope that works for ya! Let us know if you need any more help!Cpudan80 :) :+PS: I would advise backing up the traffic.bgl file before doing all this, just incase something odd happens... Following the above steps made everything work fine (and I didn't loose any traffic) but use the steps at your own risk...

So I had to download that file you gave me for Project AI to work? Thanks, I just thought all you do is download the AI package click the auto installer and it would be all ready.

I thought I had to download only the auto file as well, but I contacted PAI and they said to download the base thing as well.... Their "new" packages have the aircraft already built in them, so you don't need the base file. Anyway, glad we could get it up and running for ya.....PS. If anyone from PAI is listening could you add a link to the base package on your home page or something? This is not the first time this issue has been brought up..... Just a thoughtCpudan80 :) :+

Thanks for your help, but I have 1 more question. Tomorrow Im going to download this stuff and try out the Project AI stuff. How easy is it to get rid of all of it if I get bad frame rates or something like that? Cause I rather have good frame rates and just use the built in AI than have all this downloaded AI and bad frame rates.

Quite easy. Find the backup of traffic.bgl that the installer created (or if there is none, you should be able to find one on your FS2002 installation CDs in one of the CAB files. It's a bit of searching 3 CDs of course), delete the traffic.bgl that's there now and put the old one back in its place.Voila, generic default traffic is back.

>How easy is it to get rid of all of it if I get bad frame >rates or something like that? Cause I rather have good frame >rates and just use the built in AI than have all this >downloaded AI and bad frame rates. Well, actually, you'll find that you get better frame rate with project AI aircrafts than with built in AI (provided you remove all built in AI flight plans, of course). The reason is PAI aircrafts are really designed to save fps, whereas stock AI uses the standard and much more detailed aircraft.Just one number : At LFPG with RealCDG2 scenery, PAI AirFrance and 100% traffic. There were about 50 or 60 jets on the airport. I just sat on the runway threshold to let the queue of departing aircrafts build up, and I very quickly had a queue of 16 aircrafts waiting behind me. Frame rate (spot view) was still around 7-9 fps on my Ahtlon XP1700. Only 4 of the default AI would give me the same figure.I really see no reason to keep the default AI. Remove it all and go for PAI. They are just great.

Thanks for all the help guys! I have started downloading all the airlines I want and goind to install it later :)EricL........How do you delete all of the default AI planes?And just so you know, I dont have any downloaded scenery at any of the airports. The only type of downloaded scenery I have is taxiway signs. :)

>Thanks for all the help guys! I have started downloading all >the airlines I want and goind to install it later :) Don't forget to install the base package first, and then all the old installers. At last, use the new PAI Install program to install the new packages.>EricL........How do you delete all of the default AI planes? You don't want to delete the planes themselves. What you want to delete is all the flight plans associated with them. The easiest is to use AITM.Just one thing to know. I've observed that if you try to compile an empty flightplan file, TCompiler would fail. So just do this:Install PAI base package.Install one PAI old installerLaunch AITM and delete all flight plan except those you just installed. Recompile the modified flightplans.Continue with installation of all other companies.>And just so you know, I dont have any downloaded scenery at >any of the airports. The only type of downloaded scenery I >have is taxiway signs. :) You don't need additional scenery to use AI. But you definitely need much more parkink slots at all airports where you want AI to appear significantly. Search for AFCAD files in the library.Eric.

You could just download the patches to remove default flight plans, they are available on PAI's website, under offical downloads...Cpudan80 :) :+

Thanks again for all the help guys! I just thought I give you a update on my what I've done. So far I've downloaded Jetblue and US Airways both of them are working :) It's good to see real world airlines at the airports now. I took one of my Project Airbus A320's to JFK and with the newly installed traffic I still had pretty good frame rates in the spot view. I'm definatly going to download the rest of them in the coming days.

>You could just download the patches to remove default flight >plans, they are available on PAI's website, under offical >downloads... I tried to use this in the first place, but I always get an error that TCompiler cannot write Traffic_temp.bgl when there are zero flights in the plan.So I did it the way I mentionned above. First install something I want to keep, then remove the old flightplans by hand (either using Notepad and TCompiler, or using AITM).Eric.