Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Need some Concorde help...

Guest w2sjw

I have just downloaded the newest Concorde texture pack, and have a few questions:1. Is there an available freeware download of the default FS2K Concorde available that has been updated for FS2002 (I never owned 2000, and the author of the textures reminds you that's the model it's based on)? I have the Concorde V.3 model, and the textures appear to show up properly, but it seems the contact points are way-off (rear gear 'hovering', front gear half-sunk in the runway).2. On a more in-depth request for objective opinions, is there a specific model that many of you guys prefer more over others, and what are your feelings for a proper sound package and panel? I want to put together a top-notch plane, and have no idea where to start (I want to forgo downloading bunches of stuff I don't need or won't use).Thanks to all in advanceScott

Guest AndrewW

Hello Scott, I would recommend that you download Paul Varn's airfile from www.flightsim.com. This is certainly the most realistic airfile for Concorde on the Internet - with help and testing from a few Concorde pilots ;-)Search for concreal.zipThat should fix any problems you have with the gear sinking into the ground etc..For a panel: I believe Adnane Bourja released quite a good one - try doing a search for his name either at the Avsim file library or the library at Flightsim.com. I'm also working on a panel, which I hope to release in the next few months.At the moment (as a beta tester of the new Concorde by Loic and Herve D) I'm using that model, PV's airfile and a modified sound set which is just the default FS2000 with a few tweaks! I see there are quite a few sound packages in the libraries - though I haven't tried any of these...If you'd like a little information on some of the procedures used on the aircraft, send me an email. I hope this answer some of your questions?Andrew http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2e758a64667427.jpg

Guest w2sjw

Andrew,Thanks for the reply, but I need to know if the V.3 plane package I downloaded will suffice as the base model to apply the new file you mentioned above, or do I have to have another specific Concorde model in place first.ThanksScott

Guest w2sjw

Andrew,Here's what happened when I applied the new airfile to the Concorde V3 I have on my machine. I still think I've got something wrong, because they're depressed into the runway now!Scott

Guest AndrewW

Scott, I think the aircraft will sink a little when at MTOW. Have you tried using empty fuel tanks and seeing what effect that has? I think all airfile's have the same effect, though maybe it is more noticeable on Concorde than any other? Are you using the aircraft.cfg file as well as the airfile? Andrewhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2e758a64667427.jpg

Guest Boone

Just hang on a few more days.A new G-Max freeware beauty is about to be released. From the screenshots the model looks unbelievable and far superior to the FS2000 model. She even has a VC and Virtual Cabin with a Virtual toilet!I personally can't wait!http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/www.concorde.com/index.jhtmlRegards,Boone

Guest Dominik Mann

Oh yeah, baby, this plane will rule completely! :-yellow1 :7 :-yellow1 :7 :-yellow1 :7

Guest Captain Barfbag

The floating/sinking gear can generally be fixed by tweaking the contact points in aircraft.cfg. You need to adjust the height parameter associated with each of the gear (front, left, right in this case.) If the aircraft floats, make the value smaller, and if it sinks make it larger. The value is in feet.The value of static_cg_height (I think. I'm at work, without FS resources) controls where the plane starts above the ground. Once the program starts the plane will "fall" under the influence of gravity until the wheels are all set properly according to the specs. If the value is too low, though, the wheels will remained mired in the asphalt and will not rise to the correct height.static_pitch controls the initial nose-pitch angle. In the picture above, I would adjust the pitch (downward, I think) to bring the tail end of the plane up, and then increase the left/right gear contact point by about a foot.