Sign in to follow this  

DxDiag pop ups

HelloI am having a strange and very annoying problem with FS2002.Many times while playing, the Direct X diagnostic tool window pops up for no apparent reason. When, after it finishes loading, I close it down, FS2002 crashes.This happens so often these days that FS is starting to became nearly unusable.Irronically, the Dx window says that no Dx problem was detected.I am totally puzzled with this. My system specs:AMD T/Bird 1200 MHz512 Mb RAMGeForce 2 GTS Video Card ( by MSI)WinXP proDirect X 8.1 ( 4.08.01.0810)I have tried nearly all video drivers ( from the first to appear for WinXP to the very latest).Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.Kind regardsSpiros HazapisAthens, Greece

MarkThank you very much for the interest.I will have to check on that, but I have the impression that it is not always the same one. Some times it is terrain.dll, other times some gauge.dll etc.As soon as it happens again I will write post back.BTW, I just tried lowering my AGP setting from 4x to 2x ( BIOS setting). Do you think this might help?Thank youSpiros HazapisAthens, Greece

Guest Kurt

Do a search for a file named dw.log, on my Win98 system it is in C:WINDOWSApplication Datadw.log and open it with notepad or wordpad.Kurt M

HelloI am afraid there is no such file on my system. Propably they dropped it in Win XP.There are numerous other .log files though, but I browsed through them without finding anything useful.Thank you very much for the helpKind regardsSpiros HazapisAthens, Greece

Hello againI just had the same problem again.This time it was a .dll called fs2002fx.dll ( or something like that - I am sure about the fx.dll part)Any ideasThank you Spiros HazapisAthens, Greece