Sign in to follow this  
Guest tavuslokus

Need help : (

Guest tavuslokus

This is what my sim looks after I reinstalled it on a recently reformated hard drive. No add-ons no modules. The first time I installed every extra I use on my sim and noticed the error so I tried to methodically install all extra stuff step by step and finnally ended up with the same error on a fresh installation which is very very sad :( I just ran out of patience.Any Ideas on what could be wrong??p4 1.4 MHz384MB RamWin XPDirectx v9Nvidia Gforce2 Mx 400 with latest nvidia.com drivers 41,09

Hello,Two things I would recommend doing. 1) Possibly downgrade to the previous Nvidia drivers. It seems there have been a few slight problems with these drivers in some software. My personal experience has been fine with these particular drivers, but people in the tech support business have indicated to me that they have seen a few problems. This can be easily done in the Windows XP device manager drivers page for the device. 2) Did you do a completely clean install of FS2002? Here is the procedure if you didn't:1. First, uninstall FS2002 completely2. Browse to you Microsoft Games folder and remove the FS2002 folder3. Go to C:Documents and settings(User name)Local SettingsTemp4. Completely empty the contents of this window to the recycle bin5. Close all open windows and empty the recycle bin6. Click start, then run7. Type 'msconfig' (no quotes) in the box and hit enter8. The system configuration utility will appear; click the 'services' tab9. Place a checkmark in the box that says hide all Microsoft Services10. Click the 'general' tab11. Click 'selective startup'12. Remove the checkmarks from the four boxes under that13. Click 'apply' and 'ok'; you will be prompted to restart, say yes14. Reinstall flight simulator using a complete setup before you do anything else on the system.This is technically the procedure you should use for installing ANY software to begin with, as I have found it ends up saving you from a lot of trouble later. If you've already done these things I apologize for boring you, but that's what I would try first.

Guest tavuslokus

Thank you for the help.I've tried reinstalling the software as you described on your item #2 but still seems to be something wrong.The only thing I had set up different now, that I didn't have before I formated the hard drive, is the graphic driver. So I'll play on with that trying different versions to check if that solves it. Thanks again for the idea sir.

If you reformatted your hardrive and also reinstalled your WinXP, make sure you also install the latest drivers for your controller chips, i.e., VIA, Intel, SiS, AMD, ALi, etc., sound, graphics adapter, NICs, modems, etc.Also install WinXP SP1 and pre-SP2 updates.

The only thing I notice in your specs is that you are running DirectX 9. Your video card doesn't take advantage of Dx9 (only one that does is the ATI 9700 afaik). Also, fs2002 doesn't take advantage of it either. Try getting rid of Dx9 and see what happens. There are some uninstall utilities at http://www.guru3d.com/ Although I have not heard of Directx causing this type of problem. I am running 9 with my ati card with no problems. Just taking a guess at your problem.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest tavuslokus

Fellas I think I solved it, will continue with further testing but so fat so good. Concluding this problems it seems that the software itself for the Flight sim was ok and as many of you thought wisely the problem was surrounding the reinstalation of winxp,since most device driver versions were not the same as before reformating the hard drive, specially the Graphics card one. (I had the latest on www.nvidia.com as I posted before, source of the problem I guess now)Anyways, I went into www.guru3d.com and started reading for comparison between driver versions and found that the best so far for my type of vid card is the v40.72 dated 09/2002. I downloaded that one and installed. Currently the glittering and sucking down forces that drove my aircraft underground are gone. (crosses fingers)Thank you all for sharing a little knowledge here and helping me out.I'm a Happy Simmer again. :)