Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

Video of a cross wind landing in Lisbon-Portugal

That looked like some of mine when I was a student pilot learning crosswind landings. Nice crab, almost got the windward wheel down which would have helped. Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

>That looked like some of mine when I was a student pilot >learning crosswind landings. >>Kevin Let's not forget though that these are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL pilots with years of experience...just makes you wonder!-speedbird

well if you look more closely you can see that the plane got slammed by gusts twice hence the unstableness... the pilot did a good job at regaining control and climbing away.

Looks like my normal landing on a no wind day !!!

I have flown into Lisboa many times on TAP. Never had one even close to that... Thank God !!!!Makes you wonder how much of the customary clapping was going on when he finally got it down.Could be a little, could be alot.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)P.S. The approach into Lisbon in FS 2002 when coming in from the southwest is amazingly real. That area south of Lisbon is rendered very accurately, and the colors and terrain are almost perfect. It's one of my favorite approaches, because of that realism.

This was the second and last landing attempt because of the weather conditions. After this the pilot decided to land in Faro.

Guest Pabra

the martinair dc-10 wasn't so lucky at faro; it must've been such conditions at the time.

The situation in this video is different from what happened in Faro: the Martinair A/C met a windshear condition, while this A319 was coming in a somewhat normal procedure, with a crosswind blowing at around 18 knots. Then, suddenly, it endured two successive gusts at about 37 knots. And that was the problem that was overcome by a fast reacting pilot.If you want to see a normal landing with crosswind, have a look at http://194.65.6.250/mbs/files/taplr.zip, which was provided in topic #16794.

What happened to that video? any chance it can be published again?

Guest Mike707

I got the second link to work, but could not get the first link at RialPictures.net to work. It states, "File Not Found". I would love to see that. Any thoughts on where else it would be?

Guest LLgaz

The original video was posted before. If I remember correctly, that was the second attempt to land, and after that Go-around, the pilot returned to the departure airport.

Didn't look like a go-around to me! Looked like an good landing in very difficult crosswind conditions.

Guest LLgaz

I was refering to the link at the first post. The second link is of a different video.