Sign in to follow this  

Virus in the Avsim File Library?

Guest Ken_Salter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are basically accusing US (avsim.com) that we are deliberately not disclosing information so that we don't affect our download traffic?Please acknowledge.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

"There is simply no way that this virus could happen from our site"Well, it has happened before to me on 6-18-03 from your new files, ( iranair_A312.zip ) and it was confirmed by Matt Johnson as being infected with virus VBS_REDLOF.A-2.Tom Allensworth states it best that nothing is 100% guaranteed. Many of us including myself have become lax when we download files from all these sites. We can't expect all these sites to do it all. We all must be vigilant, by this I mean, scan the zip file first with your virus program before opening it. As in my case it was caught by my virus scan, and since your virus program had a "HICCUP" and a small problem relating to the virus scanner as per Matt Johnson's reply, it shows that it happens and that it can happen again in the future. Just today at California Classics another simmer got a hold of this same file, and yes, it was infected with the same virus. This file was removed from here on 6-18-03, so I have no idea were he downloaded it.So Mr. Kirkland, please don't say it that it could not happen from this site because it has happened before, and it could happen again in the future. Computers and software are not perfect. Thats why there is such a thing as "Updates" from virus protection software.

I am not saying you are I am saying it's possible,correct me if I'm wrong, if there was a virus found on your system and you annouced it would your download numbers go down aswell as traffic.

I still say it is Slander. If people can't say what files the virus is found in then they have no right to be saying this. I would stop this before VATSIM decide to do something about it.