Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Below the GlideSlope, what to do?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,i've been flying several PSS's A320/321 during last days and noticed that some times, on short final AC is in difficult keeping GlideSlope and ends by loosing it and going too low.So the only thing i can do at that point is to disable AP and trim AC, if it's not too late :-(Should i somehow tweak aircraft.cfg for getting a more stable GS?Thanks in advance for helpingcheersLuigi ;-)

Never seen that. Only thing I can think of is carefull energy management during the descent. Sounds like you slow down too quickly, leaving you without speed before touchdown.Start deploying the flaps more slowly, leading to flaps 4 at maybe 1000ft up, that should let the aircraft reduce speed more slowly.It is also possible that your too heavy. Check your fuelload. If it's too high you may be above the maximum landing weight, in which case the MCDU cannot properly guide the aircraft down (maybe). If so, just fly the route with less fuel and see what happens.

As Jwenting pointed out, it sounds like to much fuel. However, make sure that you configure the MCDU's approach page correctly. I suffered something similiar with the PSS airbus with the glidescope when my default aircraft had the avionics turned off prior to flight. The localizer would capture but the glidescope would not and my plane would eventually go above or below it. Hope this helps.dave

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks for the quick answer.cheersLuigi ;-)