Sign in to follow this  

okey dokey... what am I doing wrong here???

In my never ending quest to make keystrokes work with addon payware aircraft, RC ver3 and MSFS2k2 ATC, I tried to set the radios via the dialog box. Here is as far as I got, its late here and I am tired, please tell me what I am not seeing??...okeyhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e30e252254e5c8a.jpg..dokey DOH!!!http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e30e239245f3043.jpg

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi MikeI would say that it's not you that's screwed up but MacroSnot. Guess the QA department was on leave.To change or check your radios I guess you should open the aircraft menu and point to Nav or Radios or something similar (at work at the moment and no FS here). Regards

I went through the entire menu structure and did not find anything.Anyone else??

Unless I am misunderstanding here, you need to go to OptionsControlsAssignments. This will allow you to change the keyboard settings for different instruments. Radios and such things.

In FS2002, I'm not sure there is a way to SET the radios through the menu. If you want to change key assingments, go to Options-Controls-Assignments. If you want the instrument settings dialog mentioned above, go to Options-General and click the instruments tab. -Marc

If you want to change key assingments, go to Options-Controls-Assignments. No, I dont want to change key assignments.If you want the instrument >settings dialog mentioned above, go to Options-General and >click the instruments tab. ?? I dont understand exactly what you are saying here. I have shown you my Options pull down and as you can see there is no general selection.All I want to do is found out 3 things;1. Is the information that I have shown in my picture indicate an error in the documentation that comes with FS2k2?2. Is there a way to menu select the freqs for the radio (like in the old versions)?3. Where do you set the number of digits (i.e. ###.### vs ###.##) that is allowed in the radio selections.

Hi Mike. How's things in Troutdale? :)>1. Is the information that I have shown in my picture >indicate an error in the documentation that comes with >FS2k2? Yes.>2. Is there a way to menu select the freqs for the radio >(like in the old versions)? No. MS eliminated the ability to do that.>3. Where do you set the number of digits (i.e. ###.### vs >###.##) that is allowed in the radio selections. I don't believe there's a setting for this anymore, either.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]MyTraffic/Radar Contact/FSMeteo/FSSE/FSassist/FDCHorizon Flights--flight plans and scenery for FS2002http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/index.html

If you want the instrument >settings dialog mentioned above, go to Options-General and >click the instruments tab. ?? I dont understand exactly what you are saying here. I have shown you my Options pull down and as you can see there is no general selection.Sorry about that. I guess good old MS took that menu out too. No, there is no way to set the number of digits or to set the freq in the menu. The digit thing used to be under Options-SETTINGS-General-Instruments if I remember correctly but that's not there either...-speedbird

Hi Sidney,Thank you for your response, it's good to know that I am not the only one with this problem.About Troutdale...I actually live in SW Portland, but you may be talking about a post I made a year or so ago about the 172 I co-owned that was hangered out there. Well, alas that did not fare well with me. I purchased a 50% share with a good freind of mine in 1992 when we both went shopping for a plane. We recently completed our PPL and were working on our IFR. The plane was purched in Texas and we flew it up here. It was our baby, new interior,paint, some panel upgrades (panel mounted GPS). A beautiful flyer as it never saw a day of lease back traing and therefore was very well rigged. You have to be able to fly these things about 250-300 hours a year (each partner) to make the money thing work. I had no problems with that neither did he. Well, on October 5th, I was forced to go to 15 hours a week at work due to the economy. We refinainced the house and made some cuts (we knew it was coming, not a shock). You can guess what got cut first. I suspect that the US economy has effected quite a few folks on these forums, things will turn around though and I dont despair at all, especially in light of a recent event that we are all aware of in the flightsim world. I will have another plane one day, just a little delay.man, loved that 172.