Sign in to follow this  

MYTraffic and Frame Rates...

Guest byoung

I had installed My Traffic with AI set to about 90% noticed that I took a huge hit on frame rates. I purchased MY Traffic editor and would like some advise on what planes, etc I can eliminate so my frame rates will be reasonable. And what I other options I may have.I set my AI traffic to 50% and it helped, but now the traffic is too sparce.What does everyone typically the set AI traffic slider at using MY Traffic?I have a Pentium 4 2.5 GHZ, 768 MB Ram, GEForce 4 ti 4200 w/128 MBAny help would be appreciated.Barry

I do not use MyTraffic, so I cannot answer your question directly. But maybe I can still help.First, there is no way to have a significant amount of AI without seeing a significant hit on frame rates. But with your hardware, you should be able to absorb that hit and still have decent frame rates. Second, and more to the point, the effect of the slider depends on a parameter set in each flight plan that has been compiled to the traffic.bgl file. If all the flightplans generated by MyTraffic use the same parameter value, then it will be an all or nothing proposition. Either you see the traffic, or you don't, depending on whether the slider is set above or below the value used in the flight plans. Ideally, MyTraffic will not have used the same value in all flight plans, but a variety of values. But whether it did or not, you should be able to change these. My understanding is that MyTraffic comes with an editor. If you cannot find a slider position that makes you happy, you may have to learn how to use the editor so you can edit the percentage parameter of the flightplans so that fewer of them load at the slider position you want to use.-Basil

Guest byoung

Thanks!Maybe others can let me know what they have done specifically..Frame Rate was dropping to 8 FPS Barry

Wow! That is not an acceptable frame rate. What was it before?-Basil

Guest byoung

It didn't lock on to that rate for very long, but would increase to about 10-12 occasionally. Below 15 you get the stutter effect.Usually, it locks between 25-27. So it is the traffic that is the issue...I have read other threads where just by disabling certain planes, it will increase the frame rate to "Normal" levelsBarry

>It didn't lock on to that rate for very long, but would >increase to about 10-12 occasionally. Below 15 you get the >stutter effect. > So you are saying with AI traffic, the frame rate varies between 8 and 12? That is unacceptable, especially with your system. Now, I don't know anything about how much or what kind of AI traffic MyTraffic produces, but I have created a fairly rich AI traffic environment around Anchorage, AK. On my 1.53 Ghz Athlon (the video is a 9500 Radeon patched to near 9700 Radeon specs), I can lock at 20 fps and pretty much maintain that. Occasionally the FPS dips to 15-18, but not for long. Given your system, it is fair for you to wonder why your frame rates are not better>Usually, it locks between 25-27. So it is the traffic that >is the issue... >>I have read other threads where just by disabling certain >planes, it will increase the frame rate to "Normal" levels > Yes, the planes can make a difference. But I thought MyTraffic used ProjectAI aircraft, so that should not be a problem. As an example, when I tried to generate some AI traffic at Elmendorf AFB, I used two aircraft -- a tanker based on the ProjectAI DC10, and a GMAX F-15 that I was hoping would be "frame rate friendly." Well, frame rates tanked (6-8 fps) when Elmendorf was in view because of that F-15. But when I removed the F-15's and just left the ProjectAI KC-10's, the frame rates stayed locked at 20. So the aircraft models could be the culprit here, but maybe somebody with MyTraffic will join the discussion and help out further.-Basil

Hi guysI have been using MyTraffic for about a month now. As far as fps Ive noticed better frame rates than the standard ai traffic, I also have my ai traffic set at 50% with MyTraffic which for the airports I fly from seem to have more traffic now than with 100% setting for the standard AI an example would be CYVR, which at 50% with MyTraffic has more aircraft traffic then real but has a good amount of action. I flew into LaGuardia the other day and I felt there was way too much traffic coming in at 50% setting they were coming in one after the other and clogging up the runway. I see much more ai on route also at 50% than I see at 100% with the standard ai.My frame rates are great but I,m running a 2400xp,a7n8x with 1gig ddr pc3200 ram,and a gf3 , it was also great with 512meg pc2100 ram.with your specs I dont know why you have trouble with the fps

jerrycwo4With My Traffic installed and running a duel AMD 1800+ with 1 GB 2100 RAM, I have AI set to 40% and I am happy with the amount of AI that I have. I did a test and every 10-20 % change in the amount of AI that you have will CHANGE your frame rate. I tested it all the way from 0% to 100%. Your FPS will Double when reducing your percentage of AI from 100% to say, about 10 - 20 %. With my AI set to 40 %, I had about 25 AC at KLAX and had a FPS of 15 on approaches and about 10-12 on taxing to the terminal. This was the goal I was shooting for. Sure the taxi to the terminal was a 'bit' jerky, but it only lasted a few minutes and that's about as good as I could ask for and get.jerry

Barry,In my experience, the MyTraffic planes are fine (much better than the default AI in terms of framerates). It's the extra runways that killed my system. My guess is you frame rate problem is only bad at the few airports they added extra runways to. Try some others.David