Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Innsbruck AI

Can anyone tell me from either experience flying there or living nearby, what commercial airlines fly into Innsbruck, Austria LOWI? I've been working on my world AI flightplans and can't seem to find a local carrier who's planes show up at LOWI. It's not an installation issue, I have no problems with that. I've tried most USA domestics, Hapag-Loyd, Condor, Edelweiss....maybe Austria Airlines?Please Help, and Thanks!Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I don't have any first hand info, but a great way to find out that kind of information is using Airliners.net. Just do a search for all commercial traffic at LOWI and sort by most recently added. Just from pictures you can find out what carriers and what types of planes fly in and out.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Great idea, thanks Craig!Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Tyrolean has several daily flights to/from LOWI. They are part of Austrian Airlines Group and fly a fleet of F70, CRJ and DH8. Some tourist carriers have charter flights to/from LOWI as well, often with larger aircraft, but they in all likelihood don't appear on published schedules. Misha

Misha, James, Craig....Thank you all for your responses, which were corroborated nicely by photos of all of those liveries landing and taking off at LOWI at airliners.net. Man, this AI thing is a real drug, isn't it? Too cool...Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Dear Alex,If you fly to Innsbruck be aware of the fact that the GS for RWY 26 is incorrectly located. If you follow it you will land at the end of the runway. I have made the correction using EasyNavs.Regards,

Domingos:We meet again. First at the delayed and flawed threshold at Genoa Sestri, now at Innsbruck! Could you please send me your updated.bgl file for Innsbruck LOWI? I tried an ILS approach there the other night in the Posky Condor 767-300, except it was into runway 8, a localizer-only approach: it was a disaster...:-lol I posted some screenshots in the screenshot forum. Now I know to approach from the east, runway 26! Your modified approach will help, though I'm hoping to be visual before I realize that I've overflown the entire runway.Chiao,Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Dear Alex,I have sent the bgl file by email. In this case the DME was correctly located, only the GS was placed at the same co-ordinates as the Localizer. Although I had made several landings at Innsbruck, only recently I noticed the GS was not at the correct location. This was due to the fact that I would follow the approach using the AP, but soon after I had the runway on sight I would switch to manual landing.Regards,

Thanks again Domingos for your efforts to correct these incorrect GSs.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Hi Folks!I just wanted to let you know that the fact Innsbruck Airport is famous for is its offset approach from the east on runway 26. One mile from the runway you have to go onto a visual procedure and perform a slight right-turn. In line with the runway there are buildings as churches, hospitals and 10-floor appartment-buildings just less than one mile away (unfortunatley not in default MSFS) Mountains in the north of the city are about 7500 ft high (much more impressive than in FS), less than one mile away. Don

Guest Stamatis

Can you get AI Traffic to actually land in Innsbruck?I believe they keep crashing into the nearby mountains...Lousy AT Controllers :-)Stamatis

Andreas:Thanks for you info. I've posted another set of screenshots from my second landing attempt, which was much more successful. I did the cicling visual approach from the west to runway 23. A bit scary in a heavy jet flying low and slow, but I got it down. Look for 'Innsbruck Approach Revisited' in the screenshots forum.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Hi Christoff,here are some usefull linksFlightplan for scheduled flights from/to LOWI, valid 27 Oct 02 - 29 Mar 03:http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/linienfluege.aspWinter flightplan for scheduled charter flights from/to Innsbruck. http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/charterfluege.aspThis flightplan looks completely different for the summer season. The winter flightplan is mostly incoming charter bringing tourists from the UK, Skandinavia Russia etc. to the Tyrol (Tirol) for skiing, whereas the summer flightplan is mostly outgoing, flying the locals to Greece, Turkey, Tunisia, Spain, Canary Islands etc. for their summer holidays.In the Charter flightplan you will also find indirect flights to longhaul destinationes like Indonesia od Mexico. BTW I haven't found the summer flightplan on the net yet. Ofiicial Homepage of Innsbruck Airport (german version)http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/Ofiicial Homepage of Innsbruck Airport (english version)http://www.innsbruck-airport.com/englisch/index.aspHomepage of the "Friends of Innsbruck Airport" (unfortunately only in german, but with lots of selfexplaining pictures)http://www.lowi.at/I hope this hepls you,Wolfgang

>visual approach from the west to runway 23Rwy 26 :-)Wolfgang :-wave