Sign in to follow this  
michal

about this Meridian package???

You know, I have been following this for sometime and was excited to see the prerelease for the manuals. However, I expected that the manuals would be more complete in dealing with the avionics. Instead it is suggested that you read the actual manufactuers literature for guidance. Which I have done.Now, I am sure that this product will be groundbreaking, I for one will purchase it, assuming I can run it at plus15 FPS on my AMD 2100. But, lets be reasonable, there is no way that a FS2k2 addon will provide ALL the functionality that the real complete Meridian avionics package offers. If it did, the sim would run at 1FPS and the cost would be about $3,000US.So the question is; will there be a document that either describes exactly DOES operate or describes what DOES NOT operate relative to the real life avionics? If so, does anyone know when it will be available?Dont take this as negative, this will be a great package, I am just searching for a bit more info.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

You might want to post this in the appropriate forum, which is the product development or product support forum at http://www.simforums.com (which is the official Flight1 support forum).

>Instead it is suggested that you read >the actual manufactuers literature for guidance. I don't think it is bad thing. I think it speaks highly of the realism of the package if they refer you to the original manufacturer's documentation. BTW, after going through parts of the Flight1's Meridian manual I definitely want to get my hands on the full POH.>way that a FS2k2 addon will provide ALL the functionality >that the real complete Meridian avionics package offers. If >it did, the sim would run at 1FPS and the cost would be >about $3,000US. Not sure why you say this. 767PIC provides a very good simulation, maybe not 100% but definitely close to it and runs very well. But I agree that at mere $30 for this product - some may have doubts what exactly they will be getting. We just have to wait to find out.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Just wait until about 2 days after it comes out and you will have more opinions on it than you can load into a 747...

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Yes sir, and we are looking forward to them! Regards,Jim Rhoads :-beerchug

Ummmh, Jim...shouldn't you be WORKING! Let's get this thing out! ;-)Can you tell I'm anxious? I've even read the manual a few times which is a few times more than I read most manuals. Friday afternoon and a bleak forecast for the weekend in the NE US. Seems like a great time for a surprise!David

Hi Dave,Were like those two crazy old men in the wine commercials years ago(cant remember their names)"Its not wine, "till its time" But its getting close. Best,Jim Rhoads (-:

>"Its not wine, "till its time" But its getting close. We sell no wine before its time.It was Paul Masson's wine commercial. I believe Orson Wells was the actor in the commercial.Michael J.

I stand corrected!Thank you. :-lol Jim Rhoads

You do realize that if we were on a date you would be labeled a tease, don't you.

Hey JimI think it went like this... "There will be no wine until it's time"Your showing your age.RegardsBobG

Hi Mike:Having no idea what your system performance will be, I can assure you that sitting in the cockpit of the Meridian I'm averaging 20fps with all systems initialized. My system consists of an AMD T-Bird @ 1600Mhz with 512Mb Ram and a GF4 Ti4200 Turbo. OS is WinXP Pro.With the Garmin GNS530's POH coming in at over 200 pages, and the S-Tec 55X at 70 pages not to mention the Meggitt Magic's EFIS System which includes seperate POHs, I can assure you the major features I have personally tested so far have worked as published within the restrictions of FS2002.Given the enormous operations that these systems perform I feel it impossible to say "this works and this doesn't"! What the user must realize is that the designers of the Meridian Project have integrated the functionality of these complex systems within the Flight1 Meridian. And to be perfectly honest, it truly amazes me just how accurate these systems perform!Since Avsim has explicit restrictions as to posting screenshots in this forum, I would recommend posting your concerns at the Flight1 Forums and we'll do our best to post some performance screenshots.....within reason. ;-)Hope this helps,Ben BeverlyLead Beta Test PilotFlight1 MeridianBen's Hangar

>far have worked as published within the restrictions of >FS2002. >Ben, one of such restriction has been the autopilot (its GS functionality). Did you guys manage to get around the problem ? I know it is one of those $64,000 questions.Michael J.

Michael:Your concerns have already been answered here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/display_to...&PagePosition=1What I will point out is the Flight1 Meridian, as you know, integrates the S-Tec 55X Fight Director/Autopilot system which performs as a true gauge and renders flawlessly in the Virtual Cockpit. It compares to nothing you have seen in FS2002; and don't be fooled by cheap imitations!Regards,Ben BeverlyLead Beta Test PilotFlight1 MeridianBen's Hangar

Thanks. It was in another forum therefore I missed it.Michael J.