Sign in to follow this  
Guest LonelyplanetXO

Anyone tried the new FFS Lear 35A yet?

Regarding the cockpit views - I noticed on their site that it says "Default Lear 45 Panel" in the product description. If that's the case I assume there is no virtual cockpit.Don't think it's one I'll be tempted to buy considering many freeware aircraft have their own or updated panels as part of the package.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice that it used the default panel. I'll be passing up this one too.

Guest eko

I'm not trying to sound negative here, but they are charging for this package?There is a fabulous freeware lear 35 already (by FFG).Now, the freeware lear 35 is not a GMAX model. But this payware model supposedly has no custom sounds, no custom panel, no virtual cockpit.So what are you paying for that you can't get with the freeware lear 35? Reflections, it seems, and that's it.Hey, if this is worth the money to some people, more power to you!Please somebody correct me if I am wrong about this package.

I don't feel you're being too negative Eko... I don't even believe this Lear has virtual wing views, which might put it slightly on par with Ariane's 737. I've only seen exterior shots, and that's it. I think your take on the FFG '35 is quite sound... -John

Guest eko

Folks might slam them due to their dubious past, but for $15 you get plane, panel, sounds, VC, and decent flight characteristics from Carenado.For $10, I would expect a bit more than just a good looking GMAX model from a company (those get released all the time for free.) Imagine if Mike Stone charged $10 bucks for every GMAX plane he's released.PSI've already read in the forums that the AIR file for this GMAX Lear is not very good. So you don't even get that! I ask again, folks are paying for this?

Speaking of the FFG Lear, I wasn't very impressed with that particular flight model, so; I took the default Lear45 airfile & aircraft cfg, reduced the gross weight by 6k lbs and used it in the FFG. Now, it's an awesome flying aircraft. One of the best of the bunch.

Here's a message posted in their forum:-----------------------------------------------------------FYI To All Interested:Just to inform those interested.... a panel for the Lear 35 is underway. It will be a free upgrade. It should be completed shortly. Thanks for all your questions who asked.Thank You,Kathryn RauPresident - Flight Factory-Simulations -----------------------------------------------------------See Ya,Jeff M.

Guest LonelyplanetXO

Ive just been reading a post on the other side which is by people who have purchased this addon. Their report is nice visual model, poor FD, no panel, no VC.ie. they paid ten bucks for a package that is much the same as existing freeware. http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/35761.htmlI thank them for posting the heads up on this package.LonelyplanetXO

If the FDE is good that alone might be worth the $10. Panel is in the works it seems.Overall, it looks like a promising package from a new company. If they would accept other payment besides PayPal I'd probably buy it on good faith.