Sign in to follow this  

Elma Field Uploaded!!

Guest Ken Meier

Bob Bernstein has just notified me that he has uploaded Elma field to the Avsim library. Trust me folks, this is a must have if you ever fly GA in the NW United States or have Emma Field or Diamond Point. It is a very small airfield located only 30 miles SW of Emma. I am prevledged to be one of Bob's beta testers and this is his best work yet. He has ulilized an extra large area of satelite image for the ground texture that includes the Satsop Nuclear Power Plant and the Chehalis river valley. As with his other creations, Bowerman and the Tacoma Narrows, all of the airport structures are the real deal modeled from actual photos.His son Joey (picture on the sailboat at Bowerman Field) has started to create scenery as well which Bob has included. Thanks Bob,K

Thanks for the heads-up, Ken!And of course...Joey and Bob, Thank YOU for creating another great piece of scenery! Once again, it's superb-Amazing you keep giving away this stuff for free!Any chance of you guys doing Bremerton (home of the FS flight lessons) in the future?Regards, Martijn

thanks for the comps! its free as was all my teacher's efforts to help me understand how to do this, and as was the tools I use to make it. What goes around, comes around!Martijn, Bremerton is a real possibility. Stay tuned, I always begin a new project before I release the last one, so I'm deep into the next one at this point. Enjoy,Bob B

Hi Bob,Your new Elma Mun. is a great addition for Washington in general and Emma Field Flying Club especially....;)I love Washington Yihaaaa! Take a look here:http://emmafield.simflight.com/emmamain.php?hangar=homeRob "Holland&Holland" de VriesFor accurate and custom made ambient and nature sounds(sets) for Lago's FSSoundscape go to:"What Is It Like to See with Your Ears"

RobdeVries.jpg

Bob,Thanks so very much. I especially like your skillful use of surrounding textures to give the field a proper setting--blended in with the surrounding default landscape. From the air, the field looks just about right as it "fits" the roads and fields below. Great touch.Ace artistry! Eagerly looking forward to more.MikeAnd Joey, I am keen to see the next generation's handiwork!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Really great stuff!! I added some stuff on my pc usingFSSE like static airplanes etc. very, very nice!Keep up your efforts. I think you have a nice talent.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

What I'd love is to see a real live military base modelled. They are like small cities. Eric

Hi Bob will be up-loading your latest ASAP Dan BTW never did get that email.

Guest dogknot

Thanks Bob and Joey! Like Bowerman and Tacoma Narrows, another super scenery in Elma Field. Very well done! :-beerchug

write me, lost ur real email....that was a private message type email, guess you missed it somehow. I put my email in my elma readme...B

I set out to do one a while ago, but then 9-11 happened, and it seemed wrong somehow.b

We thank you and all our friends at Avsim for the warm welcome to Elma. Hope it continues to be a fun destination.B

Heck fire! 9/11 woulda made me do one almost instantly.In any case, military bases are part of the urban landscape and major employers in the cities in which they are located (regardless of what country it is.). The air traffic is of course interesting as well.What interests me specifically are bases like Nellis in Las Vegas or some of the US Navy stuff in San Diego, or the NAS bases in Seattle area. They are a key part of those aviation environments. Of course this is also true of multiple places worldwide. For the most part, this isnt a warlike posture...these places are part of the urban landscape.Eric