Sign in to follow this  
Guest teetee

overclocking the vid card

Guest ha5mvo

is it worth to overclock the vid card?I have a Gforce 2 64MB card and i noticed that some utilities (say Riva tuner) offer a possibility to verclock the card.did anyone try to do it, or is it much risk for little gain?cheers ,HA5

Guest flightpro08

I short, no.The benefits from an overclocked video card are next to nothing in FS2k2, especially considering the risk involved.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Too much risk, too little gain. It probably won't make a noticeable difference at all with FS2002. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

While I overclock as a matter of principle :-lol , the gains from overclocking the video card in FS2002 are negligible. Overclocking the CPU is another matter altogether. There you could probably see some gains. But overclocking CPU's is best left to hardcore hardware freaks (like me :-vuur ). -Basil

Guest teetee

i'm going to differ with the crowd; my old machine 766 celeron256ram win98se/ gf2mx400 64mb would give an improvement in less "artifacts" being displayed and fewer "purple patches" shown before scenery is displayed as i panned my view. i do have extra fans directed at the card as it only has a heat sink. i used riva tuners "low level" in the driver section and could only run the core to 212 and memory to 190 before it'd freeze. fps improvement was small 1-3. good luck tt