Sign in to follow this  
Guest John_Hirsch

Warning: `SOUNDLIB FEHLER`

Guest John_Hirsch

Yes, Mark, the bitmaps are Vanessa's. The overhead is also hers and it is a part of the 2K version of her 747 panel. The gauges are also "borrowed" but repackaged by author(s) unknown. I, in fact, can not find a thing within the panel archive that is original other than, perhaps, the repackaging.

Guest John_Hirsch

Dan, check out my first "Missing Sound File" reply above. The files have been identified but we have no source for them.

Guest eko

Hmmm... I think I feel a bit dirty.Mark, you are dead on regarding the pedigree of this panel it seems. Not a nice thing to do without properly crediting, IMHO.I'm not going to make a big fuss over this, but I would like to hear from "cloe" if it is indeed all original work or not.Yes, I have the sound files that everybody needs (I had most of them, and it was a simple matter of renaming a couple of others - the spool down sound I didn't have, but that was easily fixed by making a copy of the spool up sound, reversing it and adjusting the loop point slightly so that it is seamless), and I have made a handy zip package of it for everybody.But, after seeing the pedigree of this panel, and seeing as how its sources supposedly are not properly identified/mentioned or even credited, I am having seconds thoughts of making these sounds available.Can somebody reassure me that this panel is simply not a ripoff of Vanessa's work? If so, I will put up the sound file for download ASAP.

Guest John_Hirsch

Eko, can you remember where you originally got those sound files? Was it part of another package and if so, which package was it?Most, if not all, of the gauge files in Cloe's package are not originally his. Nor are these gauge files the same as Vanessa's. My concern is that the missing sound files might be a part of some commercial package and if they are, no one should be uploading them.If you can find the original source, Eko, it would be a great help.

Hi there,the gauges starting with 'RT_742' are part of the original AETI 747 Classic package, which is a (now discontinued) commercial product. Its successor, the VMax 747 'Ready For Pushback' still uses the original INS, as well as new gauges, which are also named 'RT_74xxx'. So the sound files needed by these gauges may not be freeware. You can check with the designers at panelshop.com.Cheers,Gosta. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest John_Hirsch

Thanks, Gosta, for the heads up on gauge files for this package. The panel sure caught my eye for being well done, almost too well done for a single individual. Maybe that explains why both AVSIM and FlightSim.com pulled the archive from their respective libruaries.

Guest eko

John,I had the HGHB click sound from another HGHB gauge I had (can't recall at the moment, but it was not a commercial one), the airconditioning sound has been around since FS98 and is part of many packages from that time (all freeware).The APU startup, shutdown and running sounds were incomplete for me. I had the startup and the running sound, but not the shutdown sound. I simply made a copy of the startup sound, reversed the wave form and adjusted the loop point. The original files were from a DC8(or similar) panel I downloaded a while ago but no longer have... however, it was a freeware panel. (That doesn't mean that it's gauges were all originally freeware though! I have no way of knowing what the original package was, unfortunately.)Since the panel package has been pulled from the main sites, and seeing as how the authorship of it is questionable, I will not make my sound package available for general download.If/when any authorship issues/permissions get sorted out for that panel, and I see it on the main sites again, then maybe then I can upload the package of sounds. Keep me posted if you find out anything else!Sorry, I don't mean to sound like somebody who doesn't want to share, I just don't want to contribute to something which may be "unethical" or "100% legit" without a complete reassurance.

Guest John_Hirsch

Eko, you probably made the right decision about not publically sharing the sound files for this panel. I have removed this panel and have gone back to Staffan Ahlberg's saB742pnl2k.zip panel.