Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

FFG SAAB 340B in a USAIR/Shuttle America livery?

Guest lawyerpilot

I'm not one to beg, but Shuttle America flies Saabs throughout the Northeast and Midwest as a contract carrrier for USAIR.Would a master of the visual arts be willing to produce a USAIR livery now that the restriction has been lifted?Thanks in advance!CMBP4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -190 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

I'll second that request. I think a Saab 340 in USAir/US Airways Express is long overdue. However, was it Shuttle America that operated them or was it Chautauqua Airlines? I could have sworn it was Chautauqua. At least according to my airliners handbook. ;)Georgep.s. - I just checked airliners.net, and it turns out we're both right - plus one! There are currently three USAir partners that fly the Saab 340 - Chautauqua, Shuttle American, and Colgan.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/243263/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/234866/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/216162/L/

Saab 340Bs are also flown by Mesaba under contract to Northwest for feeder services known as Northwest Airlink. Checkout www.mesaba.com and look at the routes and livery decor. There are direct links to NWA as well.Here is a G-MAX Saab I acquired in Pan American from PAAV (Pan American VA).PAAV SAAB 340B FS2002All new GMAX model in Pan Am Express livery. Full range of animation including accurate flaps and landing gear movement. Reflective textures with night lighting. Default sounds. Repaint by Bejae Taylor. Base Textures by FSRepaint

Guest lawyerpilot

>I'm not one to beg, but Shuttle America flies Saabs >throughout the Northeast and Midwest as a contract carrrier >for USAIR. >Would a master of the visual arts be willing to produce a >USAIR livery for the FFG Saab now that the restriction has been lifted? >>Thanks in advance! >CMB BUMP>P4 1.8 >768 ram >80 gig hardrive >Visiontek Ti4 4600 >CH yoke/pedals >Elite Multi quadrant >19" inch monitor- >Soundblaster PCI 512 >Win XP >>Instrument rated ASEL -190 hours >AOPA >LawyerPilots Bar Association >>>"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and >thus will ever be." P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -190 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest Captain Barfbag

The only Shuttle America planes I've ever seen operating out of KBED (Bedford, MA) are Dash-8's. There is a nice one of these available already. The S340's at the airport are USAir livery, although they may be operated by someone else.

Guest skylanepilot

>The only Shuttle America planes I've ever seen operating out >of KBED (Bedford, MA) are Dash-8's. There is a nice one of >these available already. The S340's at the airport are >USAir livery, although they may be operated by someone else. Shuttle America dropped the Dash-8's in favor of the S340 when they went through bankruptcy last year. Shortly after their reorg, they signed a deal with USAir and are now operating as a USAir Express partner. If you listen on tower, they're still use the Shuttlecraft call sign.Martin JensenPP - ASEL - IAN182LU - KBED

Guest Captain Barfbag

Yeah, it's been a while since I saw the blue and white's, but they were a distinctive and somewhat patriotic livery, nicer to look at than the charcoal gray of USAir. My Flightsim environment still has the Dash-8's. Of course, my train set still has cabooses, too.Are they still flying Dash-8's out of Pennsylvania and Indy?

Guest skylanepilot

Far as I know they've switched entirely to SAAB's. The smaller aircraft suits their pax loads better. One of their pilots was my CFII, I'll ask next time I see him ...As for the livery ... USAir's may be boring, but Shuttle America seems to be doing much better since signing the codeshare.Martin JensenPP-ASEL-IAN182LU - KBED

Asides from Shuttlecraft, the other USAirways colored 340s are operated by Colgan out of LGA. There is a USAirways Express colored 340 for AI usage available at PAI for the FSP plane.